Is GameLive falling apart, or stronger than ever?

• Start date
  • Replies 152 Comments
  • Views 9,280 Views
Some great shots in that first set Mrs. X. Matty the photo hack approves. :clap:

Not to mention, I'm a little intimidated by Mr. Monkey's avatar.

Great pics MrsX. You guys should be on that Survivor show. Yea, I've been working out a little as of late. Thanks! :hattip:

How far did you make it along the trail? I've always wanted to do that but never took the time.

850 miles. I completely broke down and couldn't go anymore. Twenty miles a day was just too much for me. I didn't really ever have the completion in one season desire that Mr. X did. I encouraged him to go on without me, but he didn't want to.

I'm almost over the PTSD enough to re listen to the podcasts. It was awesome but one of the hardest things I've done. I would love to do more long distance hiking, but without the time constraints. To be able to stop for a few hours or days here and there whenever I want would make all the difference in the world.

I highly recommend it though.

Wow, 850 miles is quite an accomplishment. 20 miles a day isn't so bad, it's the constant elevation changes that kill you, I know that all too well. If you guys decide to try it again, please let me know; I'd love to tag along for at least the Southern Cascades.

Wow, 850 miles is quite an accomplishment. 20 miles a day isn't so bad, it's the constant elevation changes that kill you, I know that all too well. If you guys decide to try it again, please let me know; I'd love to tag along for at least the Southern Cascades.

The worst of it was, we made it through the most brutal parts and I failed nearly at the beginning of the John Muir Trail, everyone's favorite stretch. I don't think Mr. X can get away during baseball this year, but I would love to do that section leisurely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Muir_Trail

so where's the naked picture with the boy scout neck bandanna?

Mrs.X, is your friend Anna single?

Falling apart. I thought this was a handicapping forum. Instead, it's become about cutesy chit chat. Yawn.

I won't go so far as to say falling apart but I kind of agree with MonkeyFO

I mean, not that it can't be rectified but there has been a lot less sports talk here than I had envisioned. I'm not going anywhere because I like the people here and I think things will get better as more new members come in but the internet drama threads are diluting the sports threads.

One look at the American Sports Gambling Forum confirms this.

So cute to see the two of you agreeing on something like this. :moped:

You guys make me feel like such a queen. I'm here for the cutesy chit-chat and internet drama, myself. I like it when sports topic stay in their respective sub-forums and don't bother me.

But I will ask a question of the people who like to post in sports threads. With all the multitudes of websites dedicated to releasing sports info and opinion, is there really that much to be gained from hearing someone else rehash it on a forum?

If you guys want more sports related threads, start them! Goodness gracious golly gee. :punches:

You guys make me feel like such a queen. I'm here for the cutesy chit-chat and internet drama, myself. I like it when sports topic stay in their respective sub-forums and don't bother me.

But I will ask a question of the people who like to post in sports threads. With all the multitudes of websites dedicated to releasing sports info and opinion, is there really that much to be gained from hearing someone else rehash it on a forum?

Couldn't the same thing be said of most of the non-sports topics?
I think our group is just too small at the moment for 3-4 separate forums TBH

I tend to agree with Daft/MF. Not that the chit chat threads are bad or invalid, just that the mix isn't quite right. I would guess that that will change over time.

Show me a forum without Pavyracer and I'll show you a forum that sucks :madd:

*Reference RS's post

Simply put, I don't post on many forums (3 at most in fact).

Subsequently, I don't find posts on sports sub forums on the three that I post at as "rehash" but more of filtered discussion on all the data that is available.

Does that make any sense?