Is GameLive falling apart, or stronger than ever?

• Start date
  • Replies 152 Comments
  • Views 9,171 Views
And if we continue to let the picker offer up the plays, we not only need at least three plays, but we also need to limit them to one play per league. I'm sick and tired of having sometimes four choices but all from ONE SPORT.

I disagree with your last part there rs. If someone specializes in something (juror - soccer, illy - mma) then why make them wander outside of their comfort zone?

this was my first day and probably my last giving a play in that thread, honestly don't feel comfortable telling people what to put their money on

guess that's just me:dunno:

I don't mind participating in the GLPOTD. It just seemed like something more complicated was going on than just giving a play and I didn't understand it so I kind of nervously moved away.

Maybe it wasn't complicated at all and it was just a misperception on my part but that's the situation there for me.

Muddy, this belongs in your random thought thread! :dunno:

this was my first day and probably my last giving a play in that thread, honestly don't feel comfortable telling people what to put their money on

Not just you.

Oh I'm right there with you Bread. I'm not giving up on it, I just think we need to re-work the format so that it's entertainment value isn't as dependant on how many people click the thread. That way we don't have to draw any people to it, they draw themselves because they wouldn't want to miss out on the drama. I think we need to reverse the action, honestly. The posters should be submitting plays to the designated picker for selection. He shouldn't be using his/her own plays. Then it's a minor competition to make the best argument for your favorite play and be chosen by the picker. Just a thought, but I think we've been letting the wrong people give plays and the wrong people pick them. Anybody can select a play, but the guys at the top of the standings have earned the right to handle the "voting" so to speak.

What do you think?

I agree with this. They pickers should be able to make the call.

Hear around the water cooler that after carefully looking over your application, GameLive has gone in another direction in looking for a paid tout. Just keep giving us your plays.

The position is already filled, so holding out won't do you any good in thinking that's some sort of leverage. TY for the Story today and did you enjoy this little Story! :muddy:

Oh I'm right there with you Bread. I'm not giving up on it, I just think we need to re-work the format so that it's entertainment value isn't as dependant on how many people click the thread. That way we don't have to draw any people to it, they draw themselves because they wouldn't want to miss out on the drama. I think we need to reverse the action, honestly. The posters should be submitting plays to the designated picker for selection. He shouldn't be using his/her own plays. Then it's a minor competition to make the best argument for your favorite play and be chosen by the picker. Just a thought, but I think we've been letting the wrong people give plays and the wrong people pick them. Anybody can select a play, but the guys at the top of the standings have earned the right to handle the "voting" so to speak.

What do you think?

I vote for this. I hate having to find a play, when it's virtually impossible to give out anything I've actually played.

I disagree with your last part there rs. If someone specializes in something (juror - soccer, illy - mma) then why make them wander outside of their comfort zone?

I see what you're saying Bread, and you're right that we want people to operate in their wheelhouse, but the plethora of basketball got a little monotonous and I can see the same thing would happen with baseball if the rules don't change.

What do you think of my earlier idea of letting people offer one play (with write-up) to the designated picker to select one from? Then we should get a bunch of sports options each day.

I dunno Schollar. I will make my return, even on small stakes (for me) on whatever we decide. We will get this going again.

We have to learn as a group to not become so disheartened every time we lose 2 in a row.

I dunno Schollar. I will make my return, even on small stakes (for me) on whatever we decide. We will get this going again.

We have to learn as a group to not become so disheartened every time we lose 2 in a row.

.................. and chasing with 47 unit bets?

No Dundee....I'm all done with that noise. ncaa's post sweet 16 murdered me. Oh, that and rhode island :(

Think about this for a second? Guy down far in standings has 6-1 week but still can't crack top 7 and might be on fire and GL missing out on winners? Guy at top goes 2-5 and cold as ice but still picks games the next week. I dunno. only a thought?

Guess what I'm saying and no disrespect to anyone, the posters giving out the plays might not be the best that week. I guess that's where the vote comes in? But if no participation in voting continues, then what? I dunno squared?

I could start some threads with some (basic) ideas and information about how to win (or at least try, since I kind of suck) at sports gambling if anyone is interested. Most of the stuff would be out there somewhere already, but not here.

Do it, Durito! I've learned a ton from you, and would relish the opportunity to learn more.

I could start some threads with some (basic) ideas and information about how to win (or at least try, since I kind of suck) at sports gambling if anyone is interested. Most of the stuff would be out there somewhere already, but not here.

sounds like a good idea to me.
can it be put in laymans terms for people that arent mathmaticians
or the semi-retarded like myself

As a fellow, "can't 'cap for toffee but wins anyway" type person, I would be happy to contribute to such a thread.

Argument could be made for both sides.

Looking for input. Especially from heavy hitters like Jello, Muddy, Mrs X, Swinson, Juror.

:popcorn:

"heavy hitter"

There's a lawyer commercial in Vegas. He's the "heavy hitter". Now I can get his jingle out of my head.

This is what you meant by input right?

Posters on the edge or way off the cliff of irritation: Swinging Johnson (edge rapidly approaching launch. He does post some "real" things too.), Dimebag (off the edge, drilling through the ground, burrowing through the earth, shooting out the other side into outer space), Pally (I kinda like his schtick, but it gets old), MonkeyFOcker (close to my personal edge, but he's a'rite...sometimes).

All this written before I read the thread.

This is the only thread I'm reading or responding to until tonight. The amount of time I'm spending here is just getting ridiculous.