Is GameLive falling apart, or stronger than ever?

• Start date
  • Replies 152 Comments
  • Views 9,084 Views

Bread

Current Corpse
Since
Jan 20, 2010
Score
Tokens
Argument could be made for both sides.

Looking for input. Especially from heavy hitters like Jello, Muddy, Mrs X, Swinson, Juror.

:popcorn:

*sigh* I guess you won't be happy til you're banned? Pariah much?

Getting stronger without a doubt.
The infusion of new blood that is not from SBR is a big plus.

*sigh* I guess you won't be happy til you're banned? Pariah much?

Bread, remember why you left SBR? Because every now and again you used a word they didn't like. Once they threatened you, you got rightfully pissed because they didn't appreciate all that you had brought to the table over the years. so what did you do? You started using it over and over again. Well, if you don't see the similarities then I don't know what to tell you. However, unlike you I dont post my links over and over. But see, on the rare ocassion that I do, it will shine like a beacon. I thought me posting here, in this context, was funny. Especially when i now have to be inventive about doing it. Same thing Bread. Just think back a few months. Same thing baby.

Swiinson...I'm enjoying watching the button pushing. It don't matter to me one iota. My leaving sbr was over everything yet absolutely nothing. Who cares. Not me and not sbrjohnny.

Hey....if you really are enjoying the constant alienation and martyrdom, have at it. But I'll tell you this as an old sbr buddy...you're missing out on a lot of fun with a lot of great guys and girls here. If you decide to quit the self-implemented nonsense, you would be a welcomed asset.

And if not, I really don't care. But I really don't matter much at all in the scheme of things. :cheers:

Swiinson...I'm enjoying watching the button pushing. It don't matter to me one iota. My leaving sbr was over everything yet absolutely nothing. Who cares. Not me and not sbrjohnny.

Hey....if you really are enjoying the constant alienation and martyrdom, have at it. But I'll tell you this as an old sbr buddy...you're missing out on a lot of fun with a lot of great guys and girls here. If you decide to quit the self-implemented nonsense, you would be a welcomed asset.

And if not, I really don't care. But I really don't matter much at all in the scheme of things. :cheers:

Bread, I have posted on a variety of topics but the link thing is always the button pusher. I don't take issue with everyone here. I like the crew. Hell, I even like Jello and I just got done fighting with him. If RJ was smart he'd nderstand the threads that get the biggest hits and attention are the fights. He's missing the point. Look at any thread that has people going at it. It's like a train wreck, you can't look away. That's all Im doing and you above everyone buddy should understand this. I'm not looking to confront everyone like Dimebag. I just like taking on the haters.

From my selfish perspective, it is stronger. I don't actually need the place to grow to be happy. The same strong crew that has entertained me from the start is still doing that.

Growth is almost sure to be negative from my quality-before-quantity standpoint but as it turns out, I see some good things growing. MrsX is the best thing to happen to the board in awhile and there have been some other promising sign-ups that I hope to see more of. So that must be nice for Juror and Polaroid to see. We'll see where it goes.

On the minus side, we have gotten a few living, breathing, uber-boring forum cliches recently too. Obviously there is Swinging Johnson who is embarrassing to watch. The devilwoman thing has been interesting. Not the actual shtick of course but just seeing how much the forum gets to DW. He/she is being driven mad by fairly polite indifference. Cool people here IMO.

Mudcat, if the emotion you're experiencing is embarrassment, then you're a guy who just doesn't get it. It doesn't make you a bad guy, just a nerdy wonk.

Mudcat, if the emotion you're experiencing is embarrassment, then you're a guy who just doesn't get it.

Idiot. Muddy's quite right, you're embarrassing yourself even further today. I just read your "fight" with Jello and it's glaringly obvious that you're the one who doesn't get it. Fuck off, useless twat.

Gamelive.com

Bread, remember why you left SBR? Because every now and again you used a word they didn't like. Once they threatened you, you got rightfully pissed because they didn't appreciate all that you had brought to the table over the years. so what did you do? You started using it over and over again. Well, if you don't see the similarities then I don't know what to tell you. However, unlike you I dont post my links over and over. But see, on the rare ocassion that I do, it will shine like a beacon. I thought me posting here, in this context, was funny. Especially when i now have to be inventive about doing it. Same thing Bread. Just think back a few months. Same thing baby.

Not the same thing.

You suck and everyone here hates you.

Go away. Or take Durito's challenge.

7 day ban. You are welcome to come back and post. No SPAM.

hutz

Atilla the Hutz has spoken!!! The arbitrator has set forth his ruling!

:bdown:

7 day ban. You are welcome to come back and post. No SPAM.

hutz

Nice.

As to the question posed, I think this place is better than ever.

If you'd asked this question two weeks ago, I would've said that we hit a lull and I was a bit concerned. But the ship has righted itself naturally since then and I say Gamelive is stronger than ever. I do think the GLPPOTD is dead, though, and I think we should start brainstorming on a collective project to take its place. Having community-building exercises like that is great, and we shouldn't stop at just one incarnation of it.