Is GameLive falling apart, or stronger than ever?

• Start date
  • Replies 152 Comments
  • Views 9,164 Views
Unreal. Black on black crime is way before our time.

If you'd asked this question two weeks ago, I would've said that we hit a lull and I was a bit concerned. But the ship has righted itself naturally since then and I say Gamelive is stronger than ever. I do think the GLPPOTD is dead, though, and I think we should start brainstorming on a collective project to take its place. Having community-building exercises like that is great, and we shouldn't stop at just one incarnation of it.

I hold a sliver of guilt in not have any self control and having to bow out of the glppotd activities...especially as a founding father.

perhaps i'll throw a $10 play on it every day (which will entertain me these days, sadly) and try to ignite the fire.

We can do this Scholar.

clapton-is-god.jpg

If you'd asked this question two weeks ago, I would've said that we hit a lull and I was a bit concerned. But the ship has righted itself naturally since then and I say Gamelive is stronger than ever. I do think the GLPPOTD is dead, though, and I think we should start brainstorming on a collective project to take its place. Having community-building exercises like that is great, and we shouldn't stop at just one incarnation of it.

We did have a unanimous 3-0 vote on today's unofficial play! Yea, your right RS, not much interest. As a boss once told me, "I know that is a problem, I need a solution, do you have one".

That's not just to you RS, but to everyone here? I'm no good at as an innovator or as say in starting a thread but i usually have something to say about everything after it is started.

I gave up on the Best Bet because I don't want to be in a position where I'd have to force a play, knowing other people's money would probably be riding on it.

I was called all kinds of hurtful, nasty names for this. It was very, very traumatic. (read in Saul Rosenberg voice)

jello you should reconsider. i see your stance, but nobody cares if youre gambling or not (re: herman) you are on fire in mlb, as we all suspected you would be.

reconsider. :cheers:

:swinson.com:

jello you should reconsider. i see your stance, but nobody cares if youre gambling or not (re: herman) you are on fire in mlb, as we all suspected you would be.

reconsider. :cheers:

:swinson.com:

Bread, you were very, very hurtful towards me. You were very disrespectful. You injured me deeply.

Bread, you were very, very hurtful towards me. You were very disrespectful. You injured me deeply.

lolz...I wrote an email to Willie Bee stating the exact same thing. His response was hilarious...

If you don't give us a best bet, Hutz will send Shanty over to injure you very deeply? Now stop jerking us around! Full board of bases, what's the play? :popcorn:

I hold a sliver of guilt in not have any self control and having to bow out of the glppotd activities...especially as a founding father.

perhaps i'll throw a $10 play on it every day (which will entertain me these days, sadly) and try to ignite the fire.

We can do this Scholar.

Oh I'm right there with you Bread. I'm not giving up on it, I just think we need to re-work the format so that it's entertainment value isn't as dependant on how many people click the thread. That way we don't have to draw any people to it, they draw themselves because they wouldn't want to miss out on the drama. I think we need to reverse the action, honestly. The posters should be submitting plays to the designated picker for selection. He shouldn't be using his/her own plays. Then it's a minor competition to make the best argument for your favorite play and be chosen by the picker. Just a thought, but I think we've been letting the wrong people give plays and the wrong people pick them. Anybody can select a play, but the guys at the top of the standings have earned the right to handle the "voting" so to speak.

What do you think?

Jello....huggles.

Jello I apologize.

If you don't give us a best bet, Hutz will send Shanty over to injure you very deeply? Now stop jerking us around! Full board of bases, what's the play? :popcorn:

MrMonkey I'm not going to pick one out. I don't want to be responsible for a GLPOTD. Sorry.

My best bet today would have probably been the Cubs, seeing as I've gotten really good movement on that one. But there's not as much value in it now with them the favorite. I got movement the other way on HOU though, and that line looks even better to me now. Jamie Moyer. No. Houston gets their win today.

I don't mind participating in the GLPOTD. It just seemed like something more complicated was going on than just giving a play and I didn't understand it so I kind of nervously moved away.

Maybe it wasn't complicated at all and it was just a misperception on my part but that's the situation there for me.

7 Canadians posting regularly at GL.

ZERO participating in the GLPPOTD.

Unreal.

Maybe they want their own thread, like a Freezing Ass Cold Play Of The Day thread, chosen by Canadians and voted by Canadians.

Damn seperatists.

Mudcat GLPPODTTOTTDD is not complicated. Never fear.

Here's on area of the GLPPOTD that needs to be addressed though. There have been situations where the person picking games only picks two games (both of which are weak picks) and subsequently we are voting on which shitty game we will be risking our money on.

The minimum picks needs to go up.