The Largest group of Protests since the Vietnam War have been going on near me..

• Start date
  • Replies 137 Comments
  • Views 10,961 Views
What is the end game by the protests in this case? What exactly are they trying to accomplish? I am not anti-protest but I am anti violent protests and anti destructive protests.

Most people have been surprised about how peaceful the protests have been so far..

The lone gun men was a fugitive from Baltimore that was on the run from shooting his ex.

No sure of the end game, but I like the idea of going against the norm and shaking things up.

I agree that the mayor fucked yo pretty bad.

Also most of the protesters are idiots, but I'm for the act of protest. Seems like a lot of you guys are anti-protest for any reason..

I'm not anti-protest. I'm anti kill cops chant and anti block traffic. But mostly I'm anti-moron. Each situation was completely different and to lump them together is retarded. I know it fits Al's agenda but it doesn't make the situation better, which is what the goal should be. Is there fault on the side of the cops for what happened in NY? IMO absolutely. Does that mean there should be 2 dead cops because of it? Of course not, they had nothing to do with it. And as for how "often" cops get attacked you may want to look those stats up brother. Far more than you would believe.

When did I dispute that?

I said it happens both ways.

Most people have been surprised about how peaceful the protests have been so far..

The lone gun men was a fugitive from Baltimore that was on the run from shooting his ex.

No sure of the end game, but I like the idea of going against the norm and shaking things up.

But his double murder was premeditated, no? It's one thing to protest, but when their leaders turn everything into race-baiting, it attracts the fringe people that will actually act on the message to kill cops. Pretty dangerous stuff.

Our country was founded on protests, no? The colonists had a pretty big protest vs the British in the 1770's

If there is a big enough group unhappy with that status quo to speak and act on it, I'm all for it, even if I don't agree with it.

A large movement that is fueled by the collective unrest of millions of people is bound to get messy.

Picking tiny minuscule aspects on either side and dissecting them is not the lenses through which any of this should be reduced to for a viewpoint that can capture what is happening

Cougar brought up a good point, there are people that are using these protests and lumping all the situations together to pit races against each other. The Mayor of NYC didn't do anything to help the situation and it finally crossed a line yesterday.

I realize the guy was a fugitive on the run but that doesn't change the fact that he tied himself to the garner and brown situations. He put himself with the protesters. Their credibility in NYC took a major hit. Just like the protesters in Ferguson lost all credibility when they started looting and burning down their city.

Cougar brought up a good point, there are people that are using these protests and lumping all the situations together to pit races against each other. The Mayor of NYC didn't do anything to help the situation and it finally crossed a line yesterday.

I realize the guy was a fugitive on the run but that doesn't change the fact that he tied himself to the garner and brown situations. He put himself with the protesters. Their credibility in NYC took a major hit. Just like the protesters in Ferguson lost all credibility when they started looting and burning down their city.

That's been Sharpton's MO for years, turning everything into a race issue.

Our country was founded on protests, no? The colonists had a pretty big protest vs the British in the 1770's

If there is a big enough group unhappy with that status quo to speak and act on it, I'm all for it, even if I don't agree with it.

A large movement that is fueled by the collective unrest of millions of people is bound to get messy.

Picking tiny minuscule aspects on either side and dissecting them is not the lenses through which any of this should be reduced to for a viewpoint that can capture what is happening

This.

But his double murder was premeditated, no? It's one thing to protest, but when their leaders turn everything into race-baiting, it attracts the fringe people that will actually act on the message to kill cops. Pretty dangerous stuff.

Which one of his leaders told him to shoot his ex-gf? How was that race-related?

He was a lone nut job.

It was a 1 out of 10000000 occurrence.

Gotta make up for the injustices from the past that made whites so privileged. And then at that point, you'll have your race war.

Damn. Charles Manson was right. Ain't that a bitch.

Sounds a lot like the death from the choke hold, right?

Do you realize how many police/citizens encounters occur every day in this country? Whatever the number is, it has a shit load of zeros behind it.

I don't think Blitty's numbers are scientific....

:ahawut:

Not much science going on anywhere in this thread..

Tron, I am for the pro-police protests as well.

They had one the other night by City Hall.

"We do not believe that all police are bad, in fact we have stressed that most police are not bad," Sharpton said. This statement really helps bridge the gap. How would a Police rebuttal sound, " we do not believe all blacks are bad, in fact most are not bad." Just creates more and more animosity.

Which one of his leaders told him to shoot his ex-gf? How was that race-related?

He was a lone nut job.

It wasn't race related, you're better than that Blitty. So are you suggesting that the cop murders were just random also?