The Largest group of Protests since the Vietnam War have been going on near me..

• Start date
  • Replies 137 Comments
  • Views 11,007 Views
Who here has never done anything considered illegal? We could all be in the endless cycle. Luckilly we weren't born in the ghetto and look like trouble

My experience is that when I stopped acting like a dumb ass I stopped getting arrested.

Who here has never done anything considered illegal? We could all be in the endless cycle. Luckilly we weren't born in the ghetto and look like trouble

Didn't know one had to live in the ghetto to get in trouble. My friend's daughter doesn't. There are dumbasses everywhere.

Yeah its all the protesters fault about what happened.

It's always smart to generalize everyone due to a solo persons act of violence.
Everyone who protested police doing their job has to feel guilty for what happened. Now you all need to gather together and go protest in the ghettos against the killer.

That's been Sharpton's MO for years, turning everything into a race issue.
I don't like him. He is the instigator of all violence. Without police his ghettos will turn into Mogadishu.

"We do not believe that all police are bad, in fact we have stressed that most police are not bad," Sharpton said. This statement really helps bridge the gap. How would a Police rebuttal sound, " we do not believe all blacks are bad, in fact most are not bad." Just creates more and more animosity.
Why can't he condemn the incident? And yes most criminals are black but you don't see whites protesting about it.

Didn't know one had to live in the ghetto to get in trouble. My friend's daughter doesn't. There are dumbasses everywhere.

You don't, but it is a lot easier.

In ten years here, I've been stopped walking on the street 12-15 times and pulled over driving half a dozen for no reason then I didn't look like I belonged and was basically suspected of buying or looking to buy drugs.

So if they profile me you know they profile anyone that fits any "criminal stereotype"

I know for many of my law abiding friends it gets very old to do nothing wrong and get handcuffed and searched.

You say the wrong thing on the wrong day and bad things can happen.

So yeah you don't even need to be a dumbass to be put in situations where your rights are already being stepped upon.

I am a law abiding citizen. My criminal record has no blemishes. Being born in a ghetto is no excuse for criminal activity.

You don't, but it is a lot easier.

In ten years here, I've been stopped walking on the street 12-15 times and pulled over driving half a dozen for no reason then I didn't look like I belonged and was basically suspected of buying or looking to buy drugs.

So if they profile me you know they profile anyone that fits any "criminal stereotype"

I know for many of my law abiding friends it gets very old to do nothing wrong and get handcuffed and searched.

You say the wrong thing on the wrong day and bad things can happen.

So yeah you don't even need to be a dumbass to be put in situations where your rights are already being stepped upon.

You are correct. I could get stopped going to your house at night, and i'm profiled as looking for drugs or prostitutes. There are a lot of stings here for that involving whites in Benton Harbor late night.

Profiling is how you catch criminals

Jesus

But if people are being handcuffed for walking down the street and nothing else those cops shouldn't have a job

Back to my original idea, just put cameras in all the cops badges and record every minute on duty, have a 3rd party monitoring it

Problem solved

It will come to that CB, very shortly. It would be a good thing.

I've been to Benton Harbor, on accident. Can't say I'm a fan.

Higher crime rate than Detroit. Crime spree last week, throw the bricks thru the windshields to gain access to cars.

Profiling is how you catch criminals

Jesus

If people are being handcuffed for walking down the street and nothing else those cops shouldn't have a job

Back to my original idea, just put cameras in all the cops badges and record every minute on duty, have a 3rd party monitoring it

Problem solved

That is kinda where the problem started though with this garner case and the 12 year old boy in Cleveland and the guy with a toy gun on a store.

There is clear footage but lack of accountability

Thus the protests

I think having a FULL account of what actually happened instead of small clips or no sound is different than what you are talking about Arch. It's like the difference between watching a movie or a trailer for a movie.

The deal in Cleveland was the fault of the dispatcher. The person who called to report it said that it may be a toy gun. The cops didn't get that info. The bigger issue is the gun culture- the kid was playing gangster. Unfortunately, he would have traded a toy gun for a real one soon enough.

Good thing suspect killed himself--rather than killed by the NYPD. Otherwise, by now "activists" would have a new anti-cop hashtag and slogan.

As a result of much of the hype surroundings these cases.

Chicago is starting a plot program for body cameras in Jan I believe.

So already at least some possible good is coming from all of this.

I'm sure the scrutiny and knowledge that any potentially shady abuses of power that end in death or injury of citizens will hit the national news cycle is on the minds of officers around the country.