The Largest group of Protests since the Vietnam War have been going on near me..

• Start date
  • Replies 137 Comments
  • Views 11,071 Views
Blitty, start a protest against protesting. Be a renegade.

IAG
The guy who filmed the video was indicted a month later on weapons charges.

I heard about that but how is it relevant?

It's not. I first thought that he was indicted for filming it and thought it was ironic, but he wasn't, so it's not. It only speaks to how indigent he was talking on the video talking about how the police were again harassing innocent victims.

but more importantly the part that many seem to MISS is that

there is no legal downside to police after they Kill
whoa Archie gets it :yoda:

it's not. Blitty, some people will make any excuse to defend these fucks. Good to see people standing up to police abuses, maybe somethings will change. long overdue

Just passed through Union Square on my way home. Loads of uneducated young blacks standing around chanting something. They were effectively penned in by the police in the area.. I assume at some point some of the protesters will be unhappy with their ineffective free speech and will get violent or will break safety regulations/traffic laws, police will then arrest them. Then we'll all forget about it.

God bless America.

For the past two nights. They are suppose to continue tonight.

Should I go join them to be part of history? :dunno:

Boner are you in?

Common be a part of it ONE TIME.

I feel bad for that black guy. I mean, even though he had already been arrested 30 times before (confirmed) that and he was actively resisting another arrest, choke holds should only be used if death or great bodily harm is imminent.

but more importantly the part that many seem to MISS is that

there is no legal downside to police after they Kill

True

EXCEPT when cops DO get convicted for excessive force.

Unfortunately, the news does not cover those cases.

I'd like to hear about those cases. Must be when a cop shoves a nuclear bomb straight up a white babies ass.

Since its a black cop, that ends Reno's argument.

What a stupid thing to say. If anything it only shows that black cops are more likely to get prosecuted.

What a stupid thing to say. If anything it only shows that black cops are more likely to get prosecuted.
Couldn't be that he was more likely guilty? So is the argument that all cops are racist against blacks? or just white cops?

Reno...did you go over and protest with those East HS students yesterday or whenever that was?

Actually the stupid thing said was by you who admitted not knowing any facts about Ferguson but assumed it was the cop's fault because dumbass Sharpton spoke out and there was a riot.

IAG
Couldn't be that he was more likely guilty? So is the argument that all cops are racist against blacks? or just white cops?
You're just trying to be dense as possible, as is fw.

The argument is police abuse of power is bad.

Police are more likely to use excessive force against blacks. Mainly because they live in poor neighborhoods, are stereotyped, and have no one with power to stand up for their rights (this I suppose is why Sharpton is someone they can turn to)

Police have a network of cronies who protect each other in these scenarios. Much harder to get away with abuse when the victim is a powerful white person and has a network of cronies of his own.

Read it re-read it hope the argument dawns on you guys soon.:hattip:

You're just trying to be dense as possible, as is fw.

The argument is police abuse of power is bad.

Police are more likely to use excessive force against blacks. Mainly because they live in poor neighborhoods, are stereotyped, and have no one with power to stand up for their rights (this I suppose is why Sharpton is someone they can turn to)

Police have a network of cronies who protect each other in these scenarios. Much harder to get away with abuse when the victim is a powerful white person and has a network of cronies of his own.

Read it re-read it hope the argument dawns on you guys soon.:hattip:
Uh yeah...I get that. I don't think you know what I'm saying. How come you never hear Sharpton talking about cases like the above where a black cop uses excessive force on blacks. Isn't his implication that it is whitey cops beating up on the black criminals? Is it police brutality in general that is the problem or just white police brutality on blacks? I might see statistics that show that more EF is used on black males, but I haven't seen what percentage is done by white cops versus black cops and from what I read, most black violence is black on black.