The Apple Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 528 Comments
  • Views 44,018 Views
No way I would have gotten the new phone if I wasn't able to sell my 3GS for equal value/more $$ than I payed for it.

Looks like I'm going to get $375 for my 32G 3GS this weekend.

No way I would have gotten the new phone if I wasn't able to sell my 3GS for equal value/more $$ than I payed for it.

Looks like I'm going to get $375 for my 32G 3GS this weekend.

Yea, unfortunately that's impossible here, and everything is illogical.

I officially have the Iphone 4.

Long story short, everyone else waited 5-8 hours, I waited 1 hour, left to meet buddy at nearby bar, drank for 3 hours, came back around midnight and stood in back of line (10 people behind were I was previously), waited 10 minutes and I got the fucking thing. weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must admit this thing is pretty awesome. Much faster and smoother than the old one.

I am thinking of moving into the next century by getting a cell phone. Yeah, I may be the only person alive that doesn't currently have a cell phone, and that includes the entire mennonite cummunity. Anyway, I really would like to have an I-PAD, but it would have to have the capability to do all of my stocks charts and be able to have a phone conversation at the same time. So really I need a phone that is an I-Pad, so until they make one of those, I refuse to get a cell phone, or wireless computing technology.

I am thinking of moving into the next century by getting a cell phone. Yeah, I may be the only person alive that doesn't currently have a cell phone, and that includes the entire mennonite cummunity. Anyway, I really would like to have an I-PAD, but it would have to have the capability to do all of my stocks charts and be able to have a phone conversation at the same time. So really I need a phone that is an I-Pad, so until they make one of those, I refuse to get a cell phone, or wireless computing technology.

You can get a netbook that has a SIM card slot, which means you can run any software you want on top of a VOIP service. You'll pay like 500 bucks for something that is a lot more feature-packed than a silly iPad.

Also, if you're part of the Apple cult and refuse to use a Windows-based computer, you can install Mac OS on most Intel computers these days. I did it on a $300 HP Mini cheapie.

You can get a netbook that has a SIM card slot, which means you can run any software you want on top of a VOIP service. You'll pay like 500 bucks for something that is a lot more feature-packed than a silly iPad.

Also, if you're part of the Apple cult and refuse to use a Windows-based computer, you can install Mac OS on most Intel computers these days. I did it on a $300 HP Mini cheapie.

Actually, I don't know shit about apple products, and I only have used windows based stuff. I still think it sucks however, but anyway can I use my existing laptop with wireless internet connection that happens to have a phone also?

Please go ahead and laugh, but I don't know shit about all of these new gadgets. When I look, they usually have something I want, but to get it all, I need different shit, so I haven't looked in a while. Pretty soon however, I may need to make the investment in a kick ass laptop that has the capability to do some serious number crunching for my planned tooling contractor job I am trying to get.

Matty what was the big p2p music sharer after napster?

Dunno, there was and still is the Gnutella network(s) and that ad-infested Limewire crap.

I was working at a dotcom during the final days of Napster - the Big Cheese there was buying high-end speakers and subwoofers for every desk and we'd take turns blasting our personal playlists that were hosted on a dedicated mp3 server. :biglaugh:

(Incidentally, I'm going back to work for that same guy at another place. :dance:)

"Just avoid holding it that way," Steve Jobs told a customer who complained that his new iPhone 4 loses reception when he touches the metal band framing the device.

Apple have now fixed the problem.

panonaacf.jpg

Hahaha. Apple is doing what Microsoft used to do, trying to force people to accept their shortcomings (lack of Flash, HDMI, Blu-Ray, etc.) The ship is starting to be too big to turn at all.

Hahaha. Apple is doing what Microsoft used to do, trying to force people to accept their shortcomings (lack of Flash, HDMI, Blu-Ray, etc.) The ship is starting to be too big to turn at all.

Reminds me of Toyota earlier this year....

That Apple thing Polaroid posted is funny without question but I have bad news for Team Apple Sucks Fat Donkey Cock (TASFDC).

I got my phone on Thursday and put an iFrogz case on it.

I've not had one dropped call. In fact I've not had one dropped anything. You guys believe the propaganda hype too much. Just because you read on the interwebz that the new phone is not working does not mean it's not working.

What? Polaroid posted a joke. Daffy calm your storm and enjoy your phone.