The Apple Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 528 Comments
  • Views 43,692 Views
I honestly think the iPad is an overpriced piece of shit. What scenario could you possibly be in where it is more practical than a laptop? Maybe if someone is only capable of lifting 2 lbs. rather than 5. I'd much rather have the full functionality of a laptop with me instead of an oversized smartphone.

I pay no attention to all the Ipad, Itouch BS

they lost me with the Iphone...

I use my phone to call and laptop to browse

I fuked up and got a touch screen phone and hate the damn thing

Wouldn't be an Apple thread without people telling us for the 47th time why they don't like a new Apple product or Apple products in general.

:theshrink: We get it, you don't like Apple products.

To answer Tully's question..... I see the iPad as the bridge between the iPhone and a MacBookPro. It is the perfect e-reader.

Who the fuck wants to read a book on an iPhone or a MacBookPro? Also, the iPad is perfect for the business traveler. Extremely long battery life and portability.

Anyway, back to the iPhone 4. I was able to pre-order a black 32G on apple.com and can pick it up on June 24th. Got a Vietnamese buddy who is going to buy my 32G 3GS for $400.

Yea I read a book on my macbook on the plane yesterday and it sucked.

Much rather had an ipad. Of course I already have a kindle, but that thing sucks comparatively.

I'd much prefer a kindle for reading an e-book.

MrX

Yea, I do like it.

And if I had the ipad, I'd probably not read and fuck around online instead.

Except the light in my room stinks and I can't see my kindle when I try to read before bed. I suppose that is easily cured with a better light. :light:

Yeah, that's the downside to the e-ink. The right mini-reading light attached to a kindle-cover works really well.

Last edited:
MrX

Really?

I've always seen the iPad as the Kindle's worst nightmare.

Why do you prefer the Kindle to the iPad?

There's no contest for me between reading an e-ink display vs an LCD. It's easier on the eyes and just "feels" right. In fact, I find it much easier to read than paper.

Battery life is a slam dunk. For reading, the kindle will go a week easy without recharging.

Really?

I've always seen the iPad as the Kindle's worst nightmare.

Why do you prefer the Kindle to the iPad?

I have looked at them both and kindle to me seems like the way to go...I mean I know the ipad can do more...but I always have my laptop with me anyway so I don't need those other features.

There is a kindle app for all mac products. So you can read kindle store books.

:bringit:

f2100af7e940.jpg

Except the light in my room stinks and I can't see my kindle when I try to read before bed. I suppose that is easily cured with a better light. :light:

Wha? You mean the backlight isn't strong enough? I got a prehistoric Rocket eBook from like 1998 and it's still perfect for reading in complete darkness.

Serial port FTW

I like granny smith's, but the last few fuji apples were really good too.

Oh ya me and a few co workers hacked some netbooks and put snow leopard on it.......

if you have a Laptop and a capbale phone (iphone, droid, etc), I am trying to figure out why you would ever get an ipad....seems a bit silly.