Robyn, does this mean I'm about to get a job offer, or not necessarily?

• Start date
  • Replies 214 Comments
  • Views 22,210 Views
Meh...I really don't think it is that bad. I have 30 emails in my inbox that I never got to today. It is the day after the holiday and people just don't get to some things....to be honest getting back to you is probably not high on her priority list.

I look at my emails every morning...and in my head put them in categories as to how important they are...1) the ones I respond to immediately because it effects my job directly 2) the ones that can wait a day or two because...I know it isn't all that urgent and the people will wait for an answer 3) the ones that I won't even respond to unless I get someone to remind me 2 or 3 times because it is the last thing on my mind

That's a fair system. I do know that getting this position filled is of some importance to them, so I don't believe it is of extremely low priority. More importantly, of those 30 emails you are choosing to ignore or bump down the list, how many of them did you personally give your word to that you'd contact them today?

That's a fair system. I do know that getting this position filled is of some importance to them, so I don't believe it is of extremely low priority. More importantly, of those 30 emails you are choosing to ignore or bump down the list, how many of them did you personally give your word to that you'd contact them today?

maybe 2 to be honest...I know thats bad but its true. If they had called me or email me though...I definitely would have responded so I will say it is a bit weird the way she is handling it.

probably somebody changed their mind again. That's how these fuckers operate. They don't give a shit about your time or concern.

Yeah, will call tomorrow. In dealing with her, she has never answered her phone, so I figured email was a better bet of getting through to her. Tomorrow I'll call though.

What you need to do is act busy, not desperate. Tell her that you would hate to miss her call and ask if you can schedule an appointment to speak on the phone or even an appointment to meet in person. That way you can nail her down to a date/time without having to sit around and wait for her rude and unprofessional ass to call you back.

I went from 58 unread down to 14 today.

Holla at cha boy, yo.

What you need to do is act busy, not desperate. Tell her that you would hate to miss her call and ask if you can schedule an appointment to speak on the phone or even an appointment to meet in person. That way you can nail her down to a date/time without having to sit around and wait for her rude and unprofessional ass to call you back.

I hardly believe that sending an email to follow up is "acting desperate". I can't tell her anything if I can't get her on the phone. If I call and she answers tomorrow, it'll be to set up a time. If she doesn't answer, I'm done until they contact me, if they so choose to do so.

I wasn't insinuating that you were acting desperate, I just don't want you to appear desperate. The job market at this point in time is somewhat of a game...kind of like dating. There are a lot of really good candidates out there and you need to create an air that if they don't scoop you up right away, they are going to lose the opportunity to have you, Vegas Dave, as an employee. I am in the process of interviewing for two significant positions within my company. It's great for me that I have so many qualified resumes to choose from but I almost feel guilty that I do.

Also, I am not sure if you have been looking outside of the sports media industry, but an employer is more apt to hire someone who is currently employed. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, you may want to check out some other industries until you find the perfect job opening in your preferred industry.

Jesus christ. I hope I never I have to look for a job again.

Jesus christ. I hope I never I have to look for a job again.

No kidding. Just a bunch of fucking bullshit. I'm over it.

I can just imagine it now.

Idiot-What exactly have you been doing for the past decade?

Me-Steam chasing and prop betting?

vd i think she wanted clarification on the 2 forms of ID you submitted to them

vdd.jpg

robyn give me a job

i dont have a resume

but im good with numbers and shit, and uh, trust

Juror, no mamas gay. I don't hire Mexicans. :outtahere:

Jeffrey Corbin knows how to to hit straight to the core, doesn't he?

Is he trying to eat that poor puppy dog, Robyn?

I think....I think he is trying to make out with Baxter.

It looks like he's applying the Vulcan nerve pinch and trying to swallow him whole. Maybe I'm demented though...