Robyn, does this mean I'm about to get a job offer, or not necessarily?

• Start date
  • Replies 214 Comments
  • Views 22,237 Views
Bread says "try not to steal anything".

:lolpanda:

If i havent stole from target in 3 years making $ drops into the cash office of 120k+ i doubt a few 12 packs will tempt me but thanks for the confidence.

If i havent stole from target in 3 years making $ drops into the cash office of 120k+ i doubt a few 12 packs will tempt me but thanks for the confidence.

:highfive:

Bread says "try not to steal anything".

That reminds me of the summer I spent working at the Labatt plant when I was 18. Every student worker was warned that there was a zero-tolerance policy for stealing/drinking beer off the production line. That policy didn't apply to full-time workers though - these fucks could be caught twice before risking termination. So anytime you took a break and went to the bathroom, you'd find empties in every bathroom stall.

Globalization.

Yeh pihaas hai badi! Good say!
pepsi.jpg

That reminds me of the summer I spent working at the Labatt plant when I was 18. Every student worker was warned that there was a zero-tolerance policy for stealing/drinking beer off the production line. That policy didn't apply to full-time workers though - these fucks could be caught twice before risking termination. So anytime you took a break and went to the bathroom, you'd find empties in every bathroom stall.

I'm surprised that was even a concern, as I thought Canada was a little less draconian about alcohol. There's a microbrewery about 20 miles North of here and they employ a lot of high school/community college students, but to discourage theft they give the employees all the low-fills at the end of each workday, which generally ended up being four bottles per worker containing probably 2.5 beers' worth. When I was in high school the best friends you could have were guys that either worked at the brewery or who had a brother/sister who did.

I do a lot of bitching about living here in the middle of nowhere, but then I hear stories like this about more densely populated areas and I feel truly blessed that law enforcement in this area realizes that victimless crimes are no crimes at all.

Miller plant here gives 2 cases a month to all the employees

Okay...

Apparently, she'd initially wanted to bring four finalists in, and I was in that batch of four, but the other execs decided to only bring back the top two.

So they brought back their two favorites for a second/final interview with the marketing director, and they started to ask these guys specific questions about the station and the website only to realize that neither of them has any actual knowledge of the station or its shows. This upsets marketing director and crew.

So now, me and other runner up guy get calls. She wants us to prepare some notes on the weekday shows, as well as notes on how to better utilize the website, for a second interview with the marketing director and execs next week.

Interesting.

This was Thursday. She said she'd give me a call Tuesday to set up the 2nd interview.

No call or email today. Emailed at noon to follow up, no response.

She is really taking unprofessional/inconsiderate to new heights.

days after holidays are rough...

this chick sucks though

days after holidays are rough...

this chick sucks though

She's the one who said she'd call me today. Also, an email back saying "Sorry, hectic day here at the office, I'll call you tomorrow" takes what, 20 seconds?

Don't care how busy/shorthanded they are, or coming off of a holiday, really not excuses.

i know and i get your frustration

i wouldn't worry about it, give her a call (no e-mail) tomorrow morning

this is yours, go take it

i know and i get your frustration

i wouldn't worry about it, give her a call (no e-mail) tomorrow morning

this is yours, go take it

Yeah, will call tomorrow. In dealing with her, she has never answered her phone, so I figured email was a better bet of getting through to her. Tomorrow I'll call though.

agree, nothing I depise more than someone telling me they'll do something but dont,
as petty as it may be such as a phone call.

but I deal with it alot in the trades.
had a roofer tell me 4 days in a row last week he was gonna get to my job and get the roof fixed.
he finally showed up on the 4th day.

Yeah, will call tomorrow. In dealing with her, she has never answered her phone, so I figured email was a better bet of getting through to her. Tomorrow I'll call though.

excellent... i would ring her 2x, no vm; then send the e-mail

Miller plant here gives 2 cases a month to all the employees

We would get one free case + a bunch of them at deep discounts. We turned heads on the subway ride home.

She's the one who said she'd call me today. Also, an email back saying "Sorry, hectic day here at the office, I'll call you tomorrow" takes what, 20 seconds?

Don't care how busy/shorthanded they are, or coming off of a holiday, really not excuses.

Meh...I really don't think it is that bad. I have 30 emails in my inbox that I never got to today. It is the day after the holiday and people just don't get to some things....to be honest getting back to you is probably not high on her priority list.

I look at my emails every morning...and in my head put them in categories as to how important they are...1) the ones I respond to immediately because it effects my job directly 2) the ones that can wait a day or two because...I know it isn't all that urgent and the people will wait for an answer 3) the ones that I won't even respond to unless I get someone to remind me 2 or 3 times because it is the last thing on my mind