Random thoughts

It is a badly titled graphic as it is not actually the most misspelled words - it is the words where google got the most hits for variations of how do you spell . . . ?

4CmlWYl.jpg

Finally redeemed my three free donut rims at the airport Timmies. Didn't go as smoothly as one would expect.

Me - I'll have the strawberry shortcake donut...
Timmies clerk - Oh no you can't have that one. It's not considered a donut.
Me - The strawberry shortcake donut is not considered a donut?
Timmies clerk - It's a shortcake.
Me - It's a shortcake donut.
Timmies clerk - You can't have it.

:mudcat:

It was this thing...

NNXa39eh.jpg

It's a SIGNATURE DONUT. But it's not a donut.

165.gif

So I've been vacationing on the Canadian West Coast and feeling pretty #YOLO so I decided, you know what, fuck it, let's actually pay the premium for the donut-that's-not-a-donut.

q8NVH6ch.jpg

My verdict?

There's isn't but a hint of donutness in there. Its essence is closer to that of a French pastry.

Those shrewd foks were right.

I found it to be poorly engineered. You bite and stuff squirts out in all directions so you have to scramble to keep stuff in play.

What it's missing - and what proper donutization could provide - is containment.

Yeah I found myself executing a 360-degree whipped-cream lick after every bite. Surprisingly technical experience at times.

It would probably benefit from mentoring sessions with the venerable Boston Cream. That shiz stays tight.

Heres what I notice: when I look at my YouTube videos from several years ago, I was younger.

This car-sharing company asked me to verify my ID the other day, I had to use their iPhone app to photograph both my face and my driver's license. Which means I briefly got to compare my 2010 driver's license photo with my current self.

I'm not doing bad at all.

tenor.gif

I restarted my computer and everything's in black boxes. Like all the threads on main page are separated by black boxes. You only supposed to put the names of dead people in black boxes. Can't be a good sign.

Here's something that's a good thing IMO: bulk candy at the grocery store.

So first of all, you can try one to make sure they are of decent freshness - so that's good. But then - and here's the thing - if it is an assorted candy - which is what I am talking about - wine gums mainly - licorice allsorts to a lesser extent - and if there is a particular type within the mix that you prefer . . .

you can cherrypick the fuck out of it and get a super-high concentration of the ones you want - which won't happen if you just buy a bag of Maynards or whatever.

So fuck yeah.

Had a bit of a crisis last night. I was flossing my teeth and the floss got kinda stuck and I ended up having to yank it the fuck out of there, but it left a big wad of, like, strands and wax between the two molars. Jammed in there good.

It was fucking hard to get out too. I went at it for quite awhile with tweezers and more floss and tried a few toothpick strategies.

Drew blood once.

Finally got it sorted out anyway. Happy ending 'n all.

Those yellow "wet floor" warning cones at Timmies are more of a hazard than a damp floor. One day someone will trip and fall and break a leg and they'll be forced to put red cones next to them to warn against yellow cones, etc. Then somewhere around 2075 it'll be nothing but a sea of multicolored cones and people will just use the drive-through in their autonomous flying vehicles to avoid that nonsense.

We sell those where I work - and if demand increases for more and varied cones, I guarantee we will be right there maintaining our place in the expanding market.

Capitalizing upon death and injury in a brave new world - it's what we do.