Random thoughts

Google translate has gotten pretty good. I mean like improved in the last 2 months. Are they actually constantly working on it? Or am I just becoming better at replacing certain phrasing? :dunno:

their phone app is also awesome with the cam integration

Oh and by the way, I have revoked my membership in the never-tried-poutine club.

In other words, I had poutine. About a week ago. It was good! It probably wasn't an all-time recommended poutine of poutine aficionados - it was Harvey's poutine - but I enjoyed it.

And here's the thing, dagnabbit - I am fixin' to have poutine again tonight. A different poutine. We are going to Wimpy's. They have poutine choices. I may have the poutine with bacon and sausage.

Not sure about that - could just go with traditional poutine - whatever - that's not the point. The central point I am making is: poutine!

Vladimir Poutine, don't cha know.

484.jpg

I don't know how people can eat a huge poutine. I'm good for about 10-12 bites and I'm good. Small poutine for me please!

Oh and by the way, I have revoked my membership in the never-tried-poutine club.

In other words, I had poutine. About a week ago. It was good! It probably wasn't an all-time recommended poutine of poutine aficionados - it was Harvey's poutine - but I enjoyed it.

And here's the thing, dagnabbit - I am fixin' to have poutine again tonight. A different poutine. We are going to Wimpy's. They have poutine choices. I may have the poutine with bacon and sausage.

Not sure about that - could just go with traditional poutine - whatever - that's not the point. The central point I am making is: poutine!

:wha:

next thing we know MrX is going to be having a pistachio in Japan

Mother-in-law - The furniture in this living room is 39 years old.
Me - It doesn't look a day over 35.

:mrquincy:

#beer

Wimpy's was where we had dinner last night. As well as the poutine, I had a burger which had two fried eggs on it.

I notice some Quebec French-speakers, when they say poutine, it seems like they have inserted an "s" in there.

p'tsinn.

Not just some Quebec French speakers - it's the standard "ti" sound in QC and it drives French-from-France people crazy.

My name is Mattsy.

If you don't pronounce it "tsi" you're some ethnic shit.

:fivergays:

The magic "s" materializes in various situations. Many times I have heard the first name of goalie Patrick Roy pronounced P'tseek.

Former coach Michel Therrien ---> Tserr-yayhn

Maybe there needs to be another h or two in the end syllable but the point is ---> magic "s"

The magic "s" materializes in various situations. Many times I have heard the first name of goalie Patrick Roy pronounced P'tseek.

Former coach Michel Therrien ---> Tserr-yayhn

Hmmm, no. It only shows up when the t sound is followed by i or u.

Muddy with that s I think you're ready for that bilingual call center position

Hmmm, no. It only shows up when the t sound is followed by i or u.

My last name for instance is Quesnel but in French pronunciation there is no S sound.