Question about tipping

• Start date
  • Replies 131 Comments
  • Views 6,850 Views
IAG
If you are pulling in $55 or more per dog, seems like you could make a decent living. I wonder how many dogs you could groom in a day.

At that rate, they are probably making close to $100K/year.

I'm pretty sure they don't come even close to grossing $100k salaries. Gotta pay the rent and shit.

Maybe those that are doing it out of their house.

She has a doggie daycare too...there is always a room full of dogs whenever I take him in.

They'd have to groom 37.87 dogs a week, or at least 7 dogs a day, and like Matty said, whatever they make from that would first go towards bills, rent, supplies, ect. I'm sure if it was a larger company the owner could make decent money, but I don't think their bring home would be 100k, not unless they doubled the amount of dogs they groom.

Last edited:
IAG
I don't know any that expect tips, I just wondered what made a self employed dog groomer tip worthy and not other service providers (other than food service obviously)

My former dentist is a douchebag. His prices are always way more than the provincial/canadian price chart that most dentists follow. He always aND i MEAN ALWAYS MADE A POINT TO SAY THAT HE IS CONSTANTLY UPGRADING HIS SKILLS AND TAKING NEW COURSES. hE IS A TOP RATED DENTIST. oops. Caps on. The final straw was back in Dec when he told me my crown work would be around $800 higher than most dentists and then he gave me his typical upgrade spiel. He's a fucking slime bag. He's a good salesman. I got fed up and fired him and went with a new dentist who was much cheaper. Getting fitted and getting a crown is not rocket science. The fucker also knew my insurance would cover it 100% so it just bothered me that he abuses the system like that. Fucking dentists.

IAG
She has a doggie daycare too...there is always a room full of dogs whenever I take him in.

what a business. we groom dogs and we run a daycare at the same time. Dogs are probably locked in kennels all day long.

They'd have to groom 37.87 dogs a month, or at least 7 dogs a day, and like Matty said, whatever they make from that would first go towards bills, rent, supplies, ect. I'm sure if it was a larger company the owner could make decent money, but I don't think their bring home would be 100k, not unless they doubled the amount of dogs they groom.

Yes I should have been clearer. sorry. I actually based it on 7 dogs/day for 50 weeks.

Female dentist once - won't happen again. Woke up high as a kite and she told me to get the fuck out, shirt was untucked and I KNOW it was tucked in when I entered that fucking place. I'm leaving and the receptionist gives me a bill for $840 the only item being some liptick smeared on the receipt. Had to drive home high, total bullshit. No tip.

I recently paid $70 for Brook's groom.

I tipped an extra $20 to be a good sport.

roflcopter-499x453.jpg

They'd have to groom 37.87 dogs a month, or at least 7 dogs a day.

?

7 dogs a day on a 5 day week would be 140 dogs a month. I could do the math, but I really don't care that much.

I don't tip. Fuck em.

yup, divide a yearly income of 100k/55 per dog, you get 1818 dogs per year, divide that by 12 months in a year and then divide that answer by 4 weeks in an average month, and then divide that answer by 5 business days.

100000/55=1818.18
1818/12=151.515
151/4=37.75
37.75/5 =7.55

you're welcome.

must mean 37 a week not month

oops, yes, I meant week, it's 151/mnth.

yup, divide a yearly income of 100k/55 per dog, you get 1818 dogs per year, divide that by 12 months in a year and then divide that answer by 4 weeks in an average month, and then divide that answer by 5 business days.

100000/55=1818.18
1818/12=151.515
151/4=37.75
37.75/5 =7.55

you're welcome.
Thank you but I really was just questioning your first sentence.

How long does it take to groom an average dog?