• Views 6,794 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Looking for the thoughts of the assembled hooligans on this matter:

2 Sleep Country employees delivering a box spring and mattress to a 12th floor apartment, and taking away a box spring and mattress. The bed frame is already set up so nothing to do there. Elevators are spacious and in good working order so no issues with that.

What do you tip?

If I would tip at all, I would tip at least $5+

If anything just to be kind and show appreciation, even though it's their job, they get paid to haul shit around.

Now the question remains, do you tip them one lump sum, or individually?

Also, 12 stories?! Must have been a motherfuckofabitch moving in.

Individually, and well.

Then again I'm awful with money.

5 bucks for the both of them. If I have 5 bucks lying around. Pretty sure most people don't tip these guys.

throw them a 10 spot and say lemme buy you guys a few beers...no more than 10bucks total...like you said, its an easy job

You could be creative and give them each $5 scratch off lotto tickets or buy a parlay card for tomorrow's college foots. Only if you have time to get out of the house. I wouldn't recommend this to anybody else on GL but the creator of the random thoughts thread.

I'm usually an overly generous tipper, but I wouldn't tip these guys at all. It is part of their job. But then again, I'm just getting tired of everyone expecting to be tipped these days.

another question about tipping. i go to a local sandwich shop a lot. its one of those places where you order at the register, pay and then they bring your sandwich out to you. there is a line for tip on the receipt but i never do. do you guys tip at this kind of place?

i havent been, it seems like it would be similar to tipping at a starbucks. the point of a tip is to thank a server for good service. it seems wrong to me to tip prior to even being served. am i just a douche or is this normal?

another question about tipping. i go to a local sandwich shop a lot. its one of those places where you order at the register, pay and then they bring your sandwich out to you. there is a line for tip on the receipt but i never do. do you guys tip at this kind of place?

i havent been, it seems like it would be similar to tipping at a starbucks. the point of a tip is to thank a server for good service. it seems wrong to me to tip prior to even being served. am i just a douche or is this normal?

well, if they see you tipping before they make the sandwich/coffee etc. there is less chance you get spit/cum/pubes/dingleberries added to your order :yes:

I hate that, i don't tip there. I would throw the movers $5-10 each because they are dealing with stairs.

No stairs for the movers but whatever, she is lobbing them ten bucks each. Case closed.

I don't recall ever being in that kind of food service situation. Don't know what I would do. I guess the first time I would not tip just because I wouldn't know what the fuck is going on and it would just seem like a Wendy's or whatever where I don't tip. If it became a regular thing I would probably start leaving some kind of reduced tip. 10% maybe?

I tip most everywhere when it comes to food.

but I am with IAG, seems EVERYONE wants to get some extra bux just because they did their job, that they are already getting paid to do. the world is a greedy place.

I'm usually an overly generous tipper, but I wouldn't tip these guys at all. It is part of their job. But then again, I'm just getting tired of everyone expecting to be tipped these days.

I don't think part of their job is hauling away the old mattress and box spring though.