Question about tipping

• Start date
  • Replies 131 Comments
  • Views 6,812 Views
Bartenders are like mixed drinks, they have a few parts to them.

In Caspers case, he's heavy on loser with a splash of accountant.

I got an oil change yesterday and, while doing the debit thing, it had the series of options for what tip I want to leave. Exactly like what you would see when paying at a restaurant.

Like it gave me the option if I wanted to enter my tip as a dollar amount or a percentage, and then how much.

Oil change.

No tip.

But then I had some furniture delivered today and I was very impressed with the guys and I thought I would lob them a lil tip.

They declined.

I was at the mall yesterday and these guys were selling shoe cleaner, wanted to shine my shoe.
..Poor kid had the whole shpeel down to "you like football, what's your favorite sport? what if somebody drops a hot dog on your shoe at a game?" etc..
But I can't spend $30 on a can of soap. Should've probably given him a tip for cleaning shoe though.

Crazy how they teach kids like this. He's probably considered a go getter, a motivated young future top businessman. ...Man if I had to watch my kid get indoctrinated like this, I'd flip a lid :mad:

On my flight to Asia recently, the flight attendant was complaining to me how Americas are ruining the world, by tipping everyone.

I took his advice and tipped almost no one for 2 weeks.

Felt good man.