Question about tipping

• Start date
  • Replies 131 Comments
  • Views 6,810 Views
Muddy, what type of mattress did Jenny get herself?

Oh geez, I'm gonna have to stretch my memory muscles on this one. There's like a make and model and then another model. Monroe Duet, I think? Kingswood?

Put those words in some kind of order.

I don't judge people who blindly tip 20%, kato. To each his own.

But I felt like a twat because I gave the highly attentive person the same gratuity as the unfriendly, entitled person time and time again.

I know that, daft. I like easy math.

Oh geez, I'm gonna have to stretch my memory muscles on this one. There's like a make and model and then another model. Monroe Duet, I think? Kingswood?

Put those words in some kind of order.

Hmm, I was just wondering with her hip surgeries, if she may have gone for something like memory foam...something that one would assume would be gentle on the body...

Boner, weigh in here. Boner is good in these spots.

Boner tips 20-25%.

I think 15% is usually good.

I always pull a few dollars that he leaves on the bar when he's not looking..

Tipping on top if an added gratuity is not as uncommon as you guys may think.

Usually the added gratuity is 18% before tax.

People add on so the tip equals to 20% after tax.

I didn't know spa attendants got tipped. I never knew to tip this old guy who was good. Now that he's retired the new guy is a lazy schmuck. But now I know, and he's probably acting like a dick because I don't tip.

Would you start tipping the new guy now or would that be disrespectful to the guy who retired?

hello fischay:fischy:

Start tipping now or you could end up drowned in a whirlpool

Do you guys tip self employed people? I have heard different schools of thought on this. It may, in fact, have been addressed in this thread, but I'm not going back to read it all.

And why do I tip Pogo's groomer but not the guy who changes my oil? Serious question.

What kind of self-employed people?

Mechanics are generally paid decently, I don't think they expect tips.

When it comes to the tip I always like to pull the person real close and say "here's a tip - get a new job"

Well, I was specifically thinking of the dog groomer. I took Pogo in yesterday and it was $55 which seemed high. The groomers own the store. When I used to take him to Petco or something, I always tipped the groomer, but throwing another $10 on top of that seemed funny to me...although I always do it.

If you are pulling in $55 or more per dog, seems like you could make a decent living. I wonder how many dogs you could groom in a day.

Yeah I reluctantly tipped the groomer when I had my Pogo. They totally pressure you into tipping them.

Fokkers think they're actual hairdressers. You just turned my dog into a sausage, even I could've done that.

You just turned my dog into a sausage, even I could've done that.
:lol: That's how I feel. I really don't feel like I need to...they are setting their own prices and I am sure many people don't tip, but I always feel obligated to.

And they shouldn't. Most mechanics and dentists are con artists.

And they shouldn't. Most mechanics and dentists are con artists.
I don't know any that expect tips, I just wondered what made a self employed dog groomer tip worthy and not other service providers (other than food service obviously)