More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • Views 296,220 Views
I don't know for sure. I may get a slightly lower raise and performance bonus.

I still have very good numbers - the best in my department by quite a bit - so if I can stay where I am I will get very good rewards at year end.

But I may be dropped down a fraction from absolute-best-possible to just very-very-good.

Like a tenth of a percent or something.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed actually. I wanted that shit. In my mind it's only barely about the money. I just want it.

But I just really blew it in the early part of the year. I was trying to see how much faster I could be but my accuracy suffered and that's the main thing for Top Dog.

But it's not all that long until the new Award Year starts. Less than 2 months.

So in the meantime I am looking into some new training and I will take a week of vacation and I might ask to get off the early starts for awhile. Mix things up.

Then back at it.

I'll tell you who really sticks together though: the Philippinos.

We have a large and ever-growing contingent of them at work and they really rally together.

I like most of them as individuals but I do have to make one observation: they are almost racist with how they give each other special treatment while sometimes screwing others over.

I'll tell you who really sticks together though: the Philippinos.

We have a large and ever-growing contingent of them at work and they really rally together.

I like most of them as individuals but I do have to make one observation: they are almost racist with how they give each other special treatment while sometimes screwing others over.
There's a reason why minorities aren't really accepted in pretty much all non-white countries and as someone who spends alot of time in SE Asia i can reliably inform you that racism does indeed come in all skin colours.

When keeping it real, always be weary of those keeping it realer...

Had another swing-and-a-miss on an old guy reference yesterday. One of the 20-somethings was carrying a package and I walked up and said - with great pain and angst - "What's in the box?? What's in the box??"

Okay and maybe this isn't even translating here. I was doing Brad Pitt from Seven. The what's in the box?? scene. I was doing a perfect Brad Pitt. Impressive as hell, my Brad Pitt at that moment.

The guy gave me a blank look and said, "Just some markers and labels 'n shit."

But I hadn't given up. I tried to spell it out. "Are you sure it's not Gwyneth Paltrow's head?"

No clue.

That's a bummer. I think I'll watch that tonight.

Whelp, it has started to get busier at work - and that will definitely increase for 4th quarter - and I'm not sure the company is ready. We had many hiring goals for the year but we did not reach them.

Too many fuck-ups. Guys sucking and getting themselves fired. Guys quitting too.

If we have more employees now than we did a year ago it can't be more than a handful. But business has increased 20%.

So I guess basically what I'm saying is: see you in January.

Some support staff guy is leaving. I was told his position was being consolidated and I agreed to assist closing the gap. The litigation department (me suspiciously excluded) recieved an email stating "support guy leaving 9/27, Boner will absorb support guys responsibilities, Boner will get any necessary training from support guy." I find out about email and feel like it says I'm the guy now. I request raise. Just had a meeting where they told me my responsibilities are not changing (no raise) and I said no problem if true, but the email etc. made it sound different and I "felt taken advantage of."

Methinks this will not end well for Boner or law firm.

I need a vacation.

Matty, Mudcat, - how's the jobs things going?

My job is going very well. Making good money and I'm kicking ass performance-wise. It's hard work but it feels good.

Super-busy right now though.