More thoughts on jobs and working

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
I don't know for sure. I may get a slightly lower raise and performance bonus.

I still have very good numbers - the best in my department by quite a bit - so if I can stay where I am I will get very good rewards at year end.

But I may be dropped down a fraction from absolute-best-possible to just very-very-good.

Like a tenth of a percent or something.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed actually. I wanted that shit. In my mind it's only barely about the money. I just want it.

But I just really blew it in the early part of the year. I was trying to see how much faster I could be but my accuracy suffered and that's the main thing for Top Dog.

But it's not all that long until the new Award Year starts. Less than 2 months.

So in the meantime I am looking into some new training and I will take a week of vacation and I might ask to get off the early starts for awhile. Mix things up.

Then back at it.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
I'll tell you who really sticks together though: the Philippinos.

We have a large and ever-growing contingent of them at work and they really rally together.

I like most of them as individuals but I do have to make one observation: they are almost racist with how they give each other special treatment while sometimes screwing others over.

xpansive

I'll tell you who really sticks together though: the Philippinos.

We have a large and ever-growing contingent of them at work and they really rally together.

I like most of them as individuals but I do have to make one observation: they are almost racist with how they give each other special treatment while sometimes screwing others over.
There's a reason why minorities aren't really accepted in pretty much all non-white countries and as someone who spends alot of time in SE Asia i can reliably inform you that racism does indeed come in all skin colours.

When keeping it real, always be weary of those keeping it realer...

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Had another swing-and-a-miss on an old guy reference yesterday. One of the 20-somethings was carrying a package and I walked up and said - with great pain and angst - "What's in the box?? What's in the box??"

Okay and maybe this isn't even translating here. I was doing Brad Pitt from Seven. The what's in the box?? scene. I was doing a perfect Brad Pitt. Impressive as hell, my Brad Pitt at that moment.

The guy gave me a blank look and said, "Just some markers and labels 'n shit."

But I hadn't given up. I tried to spell it out. "Are you sure it's not Gwyneth Paltrow's head?"

No clue.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Whelp, it has started to get busier at work - and that will definitely increase for 4th quarter - and I'm not sure the company is ready. We had many hiring goals for the year but we did not reach them.

Too many fuck-ups. Guys sucking and getting themselves fired. Guys quitting too.

If we have more employees now than we did a year ago it can't be more than a handful. But business has increased 20%.

So I guess basically what I'm saying is: see you in January.

Boner_18

Some support staff guy is leaving. I was told his position was being consolidated and I agreed to assist closing the gap. The litigation department (me suspiciously excluded) recieved an email stating "support guy leaving 9/27, Boner will absorb support guys responsibilities, Boner will get any necessary training from support guy." I find out about email and feel like it says I'm the guy now. I request raise. Just had a meeting where they told me my responsibilities are not changing (no raise) and I said no problem if true, but the email etc. made it sound different and I "felt taken advantage of."

Methinks this will not end well for Boner or law firm.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
My job is going very well. Making good money and I'm kicking ass performance-wise. It's hard work but it feels good.

Super-busy right now though.