More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 300,958 Views
show-me-the-money.gif

review is tomorrow for certain....at this point I just want it out of the way. Pretty sure I get mine last seeing as mine is at the end of the day....weeeee

We had our State of Uline annual meeting yesterday. It was weird. It's kind of impossible to not feel good about the state of things. We are in the process of moving into this ginormous facility. Similar things are happening in other locations in the US and Mexico.

Sales have been an upward juggernaut for the last decade.

Yet somehow I came out of the thing feeling nervous about the future and just hoping the company can somehow hang on until I retire.

Damn you Amazon!!!

:mudcat:

surely it will if it is in the process of moving into a larger facility.

But Amazon's newest pillar - Amazon Business - which is where they are increasingly selling what we sell to the same market - is growing at a rate of 20% PER MONTH.

PER FUCKING MONTH !!!

We can't/won't match their price - but we sell service. That's what we do - we sell service. Guise say it out loud with a straight face. We justify charging more because we sell service.

:facepalm:

Well your company might want to step their game up. I don't see every business using amazon personally.

Had my review, it went very well. I was nervous for nothing. In fact, to be perfectly honest, I am quite proud of myself. Feels good.
being given more learning opportunities and more responsibilities. go me. :megarock:

But Amazon's newest pillar - Amazon Business - which is where they are increasingly selling what we sell to the same market - is growing at a rate of 20% PER MONTH.

PER FUCKING MONTH !!!

We can't/won't match their price - but we sell service. That's what we do - we sell service. Guise say it out loud with a straight face. We justify charging more because we sell service.

:facepalm:

how amazon works behind the scenes, in a few words, they co-mingle merchandize from official channels and resellers from the marketplace, there's a couple of tiers but one is key because the buyer have no idea where is the source of the merchandize, end result is ton of shit ends being counterfeit and listed as original and coming from official source, same stuff you find in alibaba/aliexpress for half price, tons of people are getting burned

don't know what products your company ships but if it's industrial stuff i wouldn't worry, i know some industries who aren't buying from amazon and pay more for the assurance of getting legit merchandise, some businesses can't afford to deal with fake products

percentage of counterfeit products in amazon is huge, sometimes it's really good replicas and most consumers don't even notice, amazon knows about it but they are not cutting down on it, right now it's more profitable to credit on few complaints than to cut back on the problem

As I said, I just hope my company can sustain until I retire. That's ~12 years.

I predict it will slow down from the 20% per year growth that it has enjoyed the last 10 years, but there is a lot of reason to be optimistic.

12 years? Should be fine.

Then those guise are on their own.

:muddy:

I got a week of vacation approved. Week after next.

Super-noice.

yay!!!! I'm taking almost a week off in june, my mother is coming to visit. :chickendance::megarock::clapper:

p.s. Today is probably to slowest day I've had yet....IDK what to do....I have NOTHING to do. I am bored....honestly debating taking a half day and saying f it.

Business partner - This guy hates me. He thinks I'm abrasive.
Me - You are abrasive.
Business partner - Fuck you! I'm not abrasive!

:hehe: matty

I have a client that dislikes me....which is fine 'cause I am not exactly her biggest fan either, she is an epic pain in my ass.

I forgot my phone today....oops. chaotic morning. next week is gonna be worse, end of month and only like two days to get everything done. weeeeeee

We are having a special day at work on Tuesday as it is the first day everyone and everything will finally be at the new location once and for all. It is Wear-Your-Own-Jersey-and-Hat Day.

Which is to say, while there is always a very strict way we have to dress at work, on Tuesday, guise can wear gear for their favorite sports team.

I don't have any gear for any sports team.

I guess just a regular day for ya then, Muddy.

So today I got ask/accused of sleeping with a male coworker by one of my female coworkers. It's my supervisors son - not that that matters. He comes out with me and the girls for break...they don't talk to him much, so I do...and so we because friends. I don't not talk to the girls or anything...he and I just happen to enjoy shooting the shit on break.

So she asks me if there is something going on with him...wtf?!?? No. he's just a homie.
her "oh, well you guys talk alot"
me "and...???"
her "oh yeah you have a boyfriend."
me: "yeah, and he has a fiance and a family so...the fuck?"

wooowwww.....so apparently if you are friends with the opposite sex you must be banging them.

Well if there is one lesson we learned from When Harry Met Sally: it's only a matter of time.

I had my day off and now it's back to work, tomorrow Sunday and holiday Monday.

No fun but rakin' in the cash anyhow.

I have some time off coming up...my goodness I cannot wait.
weekend went by way to fast..back to work..month end, gonna be a crazy busy stressful week....weeeee