More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 302,468 Views
Man, the new place is vast. I have posted pics of it and even measured it (over a third of a mile long) - so that is no major surprise - but until you get in and start trying to live your life there . . .

:fok:

So much ground to be covered all the time.

Good thing you drivin lol

I am very conscious of posture. I see a lot of picker drivers spend their whole days slouched over. It's an easy rut to fall into.

So every time I have a cruise of any length where I am just going to be standing on the machine for a couple minutes - which happens many times all through the day - I make sure I am standing forward with an almost exaggerated shoulders-back, chest-out posture.

I ain't gonna end up no hunchback.

Choads need not apply

gHosOIG.jpg

Remembering to come back to work after lunch sounds the most challenging.

have court often

I can see how an employer would have a concern about that. Kind of a double whammy there. For one thing, you've got an employee going to court often.

But for another, you've got an employee going to court often.

Muddy, how's the new location?

I love when I notice that something is wrong, and I try to take to the steps to ensure that it gets corrected immediately, and I get told not to worry about it, it's not on me.

That bothers me. Why let something go when you know it's wrong, and it can be fixed now ,rather than waiting til later on down the line and having to fix it and then some?

I keep trying to shine, and they keep snuffing my light.

The new location is very good. I am liking it a lot. For one thing, you can see how we are going to do a ton of business out of there. It's big and smart and clean. I expect it to be good for my Christmas bonus.

But also, it feels like a fresh start for me personally. I know we were talking about errors awhile back - and I was saying how I was puzzled how I kept making them. Well I haven't been making any since I started working there. It has only been a short time so far but I feel like I am making the transition from being a guy that I assume will be a kick-ass worker eventually - to being that kick-ass worker.

that's great muddy! Sometimes a little change can go a long way! I have been doing a litter better myself. been being extra careful.
now it's everyone else that is making mistakes lol. that figures.

I wonder if crabs and lobster get along

All those claws. Seems like a recipe for trouble.

lol...I bet they get stuck

Plus when there are people around, it's all like

"Eat him!"

"No you don't wanna eat me - eat him!"