More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 302,371 Views
lol right!
I personally do not like Lobster, don't like the taste or the smell.

Still sucks! Made me miss the RealM-Barcelona match!

My boss is in a mood lately. I used to skip lunch and leave at 430 almost every day, which I was told was ok for me to do. I was getting my 40 plus hours a week, and all my work is always done. Hell I am so on top of my work that anymore I help my supervisor out with half her work too. but lately she's been having an attitude with me and bitching at me for leaving before 5. Today I asked if both myself and my coworker could leave at 430 today because I bought a tv off her niece and she is going to help me out by bringing it to my house. and of course my super gives me an attitude.

how are you going to tell me it's ok for me to leave at 430 so long as all my work is done and I am getting my 40 hours in, which I have been, and then some, and then all of a sudden flip the switch on me?!

I hate dealing with other peoples attitude and disposition. I didn't do anything to anyone, and I always have all of my work done...so why am I catching heat?

oh wait, I know, because everyone else wants to start leaving at 430 because I started doing it....and the favorites get to do so with no problem, every day, but I can't now....well fuck it, guess Imma start staying til five and just rack up some over time.

way to stick it to the man? :dunno:

I did not.

and yesterday got worse....sigh.
today is fine. slightly boring actually. can't wait for this day...hell this week to be over.

Things I hate: waking up at 4 to go to work. I just want to sleep.

What the hell? 4 o'clock? Are you hosting a morning radio show now?

I'm pretty dead here at work, no clue what I am going to do all day.
my mr severely injured his back, and even though there is nothing to do here, and I have PTO my boss won't let me take a day. I'm annoyed. Everyone else pretty much gets to do what they want, but not me. nope.

My Mr. Severely. sounds like a good name for a sitcom

ahahah, yeah it does. Our story would be the best dramady ever.
you know, I've noticed I tend to be sloppier with my typing when I post here on fb...I guess I am so tired of being so detail oriented by the time I post somewhere I just don't care anymore, although at this point you'd think it'd come naturally.
434 my time, getting ready to go home....and my goodness is my brain ever tired!

Work is torturing me these days. We have a daily standard which we are supposed to meet - 320 lines in the case of my current position - and every day lately, near the end of the day, they send me over to help in another department. Today I was sitting at 316 lines when they sent me away with an hour left in the shift.

You kinda hope people will understand - like I did another ~20 lines in freight - which should count as about 1.8 lines each - so really I am way over - but whatever, I know when I look at the UPS stats in the morning I will be sitting there with a 316 like I came up shy.

This seems to happen every other day these days. Not really complaining. I am enjoying what I am doing well enough. But we are hard-wired to shoot for that number - and I'm more than good enough - and they keep pulling the rug out from under me.

I don't know man, if you're getting hardwired, can that be good?

What the hell? 4 o'clock? Are you hosting a morning radio show now?

I think I would enjoy that more. I get up early when I have to wrangle my critters. I'm able to sleep until 5 when I only have to take care of myself.

Work is torturing me these days. We have a daily standard which we are supposed to meet - 320 lines in the case of my current position - and every day lately, near the end of the day, they send me over to help in another department. Today I was sitting at 316 lines when they sent me away with an hour left in the shift.

You kinda hope people will understand - like I did another ~20 lines in freight - which should count as about 1.8 lines each - so really I am way over - but whatever, I know when I look at the UPS stats in the morning I will be sitting there with a 316 like I came up shy.

This seems to happen every other day these days. Not really complaining. I am enjoying what I am doing well enough. But we are hard-wired to shoot for that number - and I'm more than good enough - and they keep pulling the rug out from under me.

I can understand that....one would hope that they realize you were pulled early from what you are doing and you don't get penalized for it. Is there anywhere you can notate when they pull you to cover your hutt?

I can understand that....one would hope that they realize you were pulled early from what you are doing and you don't get penalized for it. Is there anywhere you can notate when they pull you to cover your hutt?

Nah. What is happening just means I'm good.

I mean I can notate things if I want but nah. I'll just keep kicking ass. Shit will work out.

Nah. What is happening just means I'm good.

I mean I can notate things if I want but nah. I'll just keep kicking ass. Shit will work out.

good. good work Muddy!!!! :highfive:

My review is this week. I know I am no danger of losing my job, but none the less I am nervous about it. Hoping I get a decent raise too, I need it! every penny counts!