I bought a pineapple

• Start date
  • Replies 194 Comments
  • Views 7,005 Views
I also got Almond Butter.

Might get crazy and combine the two.

Funny you posted this because I eat pineapple with almond butter as a mid-meal snack quite often.

Very sexy tasting and very nutritious.

:handshake:

A few other FACTS:

That thing cost 2.99 usd.

Much better than any canned garbage. That syrup sucks.

I foresee more whole pineapples in my future.

Mine cost 5 bucks. A couple weeks ago it was 4 so I guess it bounces around.

I do buy my groceries at a place with a reputation for all-around higher costs but whatever, as I was saying earlier, that works out to roughly twice the cost of the processed canned stuff.

Makes no sense to me.

Oh shit, forgot to buy kiwi. I was going to buy kiwi.

Memory can't be counted on for anything. It's on the list now. :greencheck:

Pineapple, almond butter, and vodka gives you fuked up dreams.

Got me a little basket of kiwis.

Now what?

:thinking:

I find peeling kiwi fruit with a knife to be troublesome. I prefer to cut it in half and use a spoon to get the good stuff out. If you are careful with some practice you can get almost all the stuff out leaving the furry skin for the garbage.

Apparently some people just eat it like an apple, skin and all.

I peeled 4 of them with a knife. No problem at all. Chopped them up and stuck them in some tupperware. Will have them at work today.

I had a taste and it was good, but not as sweet as I was expecting. I have left the rest them out at room temperature under the theory they may continue to ripen/sweeten. Will be asking chicky-poo at work today for tips about detecting and producing ripeness.

In any case, my fruit-life seems to be on a definite upswing since this thread began.

What about raisins though? I wonder about raisins and how they can be integrated into the greater system.

I like raisins. I have raisins with at least a couple things. I don't often stop to think about just raisins though.

What about that? Raisins?

I am integrating kiwi into my lifestyle. I like it a lot.

What I am finding though: I always buy it and it's not ready to eat. I have to leave it sit on my counter until it's good. Not just a day or 2 either. Seems like it needs 5-7 days.

Obviously I should just buy it when it is riper but it always seems the same in the store hardness-wise (which I guess is how you judge ripeness). So I buy it and wait. I buy kiwi that I am going to eat a week from now.

:dunno:

Good fruit though.

Muddy, I like your post but I'm thinking copycat House will try to one up you with something like this .....

"I am integrating an adjustable wrenchs into my lifestyle. I like it a lot.

What I am finding though: I always buy it and I'm not ready to use it. I have to leave it sit in my toolbox until it's needed. Not just a day or 2 either. Seems like it takes 5-7 days.

Obviously I should just buy it when it I need it but it always seems the same in the store price-wise (which I guess is how you judge when to buy it). So I buy it and wait. I buy an adjustable wrench that I am going to use a week from now."

To Whom It May Concern:

There's only one Muddy, Mr Tool!

GL Management

Mudcat if you want to speed up the ripening time of kiwi place them in a brown paper bag on the counter and told the bag a time or 2.

One thing I haven't tried yet - which I have to - is eating a kiwi like an apple. Just bite into it and eat it, fuzzy skin and all.

Lots of nutrients in the skin I hear.

I doubt it will be something I try more than once - but definitely once.

I haven't done a video in a long time. Maybe that.

$1.99 at Kroger today. Big ones. Bought one for the kids. They love it.

Great price Saulty! We buy at 2.99 but never at 3.99! Excellent work just like the BB plays! :up:

Wut, pineapple?

Back to 5 bucks here. They also had peeled cored units for $5.49.

Highway robbery. Delicious highway robbery - but highway robbery.

Wut, pineapple?

Back to 5 bucks here. They also had peeled cored units for $5.49.

Highway robbery. Delicious highway robbery - but highway robbery.

Sorry Muddy but think of the cost involved with getting a pineapple to an area that still has snow on the ground? :thinking:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 111
Sorry Muddy but think of the cost involved with getting a pineapple to an area that still has snow on the ground? :thinking:

Ehh, no one to blame but myself.

Was discussing pineapple with chicky-poo at work last week - she is my fruit guru - and she showed me an ad for Walmart where they had pineapple for $1.49.

I ended up paying 5 bucks at the store across the street a couple days later. I don't shop around. Creature of habit.