I bought a pineapple

• Start date
  • Replies 194 Comments
  • Views 6,971 Views
Stopped for a few groceries on my way home from work. Here's the thing:

Bulk kiwis were sitting there priced at 4 for 3$. Why they didn't just say 75 cents each, I don't know, but whatever. That's what it said.

Right beside that were little pre-packed baskets of kiwis - for $4. I bought one of those. It has 14 kiwis in it. Same size kiwis as the 75 cents each kiwis.

But 14 for $4.

:clueless:

:mrx:

Maybe the 75 cent-ers were super organic

And the bundle of 14 was grown with human poo fertilizer and rat poison insecticide ?

Or grocers can be dumb

They put 4 for 3 to sell more kiwis. The pricing on individual vs bulk is just passed on from the distributers.

Fruit salad is the thing lately... cantaloupe, granny smith apple, grapes, kiwi, orange, pineapple,mango, lime juice. Pretty much any fruit except bananas. Also a nice little sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt makes it yummy.

Apples are the PAWN fruit in the fruit salad.

A fresh pineapple is $2.99. A perfectly cored and pitted pineapple ready to eat is $3.99. The choice is simple.

I go fresh.

I bought a pineapple slicer due to this thread.

Very practical quick easy devise.

I throw away roughly 40% of the pineapple that doesn't get included in the slicer motion.

I don't give a fuck. I'm rich nigger.

I buy small fresh premade portions at convenience stores because I don't feel like washing a dish or preparing anything and then I eat them.

I have gotten very good and efficient with my pineapple chopping technique. Ninja stuff. I always feel like there should be something to do with the cut-away parts though.

Like I can gnaw on them and it's like I get a full serving of pineapple. There are lots of pockets of delicious stuff stuck to the husk or whatever.

You should be able to boil them like a turkey carcass or whatever and make pineapple soup.

Or something or whatever.

In my ongoing and very effective efforts to upgrade my fruit-life, I now have blackberries. I am eating some RIGHT NOW.

They seem to be in a good state of ripeness right now, straight from the store. So my questions are:

Will they keep ripening sitting on the counter here and how fast?

Should they be refrigerated?

Or wut?

we refrigerate our blckberries and raspberries