I bought a pineapple

• Start date
  • Replies 194 Comments
  • Views 6,922 Views
A lot of seeds in the teeth. I end up with. With Blackberries.

I am about to embark on the creation of a fruit salad to end all fruit salads.

If it feels like the earth is shaking in the next short while, it is probably just the cosmic effect of my fruit salad being brought into existence.

Gonna say I over-estimated on the fruit salad ingredients. Currently sitting here with enough fruit salad to last a family of 6 for 3 weeks.

Oh. Well the opportunity for good photography has probably passed. It was in one big honking overflowing bowl at one point - that might have made a good pic - but it's all in single serving tupperwares now.

Prolly exaggerated just a bit on my previous post. I got 8 of those tupperwares plus one each of leftover grapes, strawberries and pineapple.

I am well fruited into the foreseeable future.

Meanwhile, my pork roast -which, by all normal estimates based on established procedures, should have been done at 6 o'clock - is ready RIGHT NOW.

It is currently out of the oven and tenting while I grill some pineapple and pull some sides together. Looking at a 4:20 dinnertime.

Having a very poor food estimation day.

Yeah, think I'll skip the apple from now on. Talking fruit salad.

Seemed good in my head - all crunchy and whatnot - but eating a bowl now and the apple is clearly the odd man out.

Pineapple, strawberry, grape, kiwi :greencheck:

Apple :redx:

Last edited:
That's funny I had a thought process contemplating apples yesterday too. I think it's the skin and I'm with you on OUT with apple. So good for the teeth though, so I think apples solo here and there.

This is insanity. Apple we have to put you in the solo department, it'll be alright.

Actually agree with both.

Apples have me confused, and that's ok.

For me, it all comes back to that eternal philosophical question: do you like best-first?

Or save the best till last?

As a best-till-last guy, I eat all the apples out of it first, then settle into the deluxeness of the intended fruit salad.

I guess there's a third choice. Just have them all together anyway.

That would be a third choice.

4th choice: Add all in a blender with ice cream and milk and make a smoothie.