Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,826 Comments
  • Views 95,468 Views
I'm 6 lbs heavier 36 jours after my injury. #inflammation

Damn, I would have never thought to replace a chain.

Heal up, brotha.

yeah I don't maintain my bikes well at all

New chain installed. About to do an easy 60-min workout. Will have missed a single day of training.

#cantstopwontstop

:cripwalk:

So much for that. Aborted the workout 2 mins in, bruised ribs are preventing me from doing any sort of sustained cardio effort. Can't take deep breaths just yet.

So much for that. Aborted the workout 2 mins in, bruised ribs are preventing me from doing any sort of sustained cardio effort. Can't take deep breaths just yet.
Yeah pal I thought you were nuts going back so soon but I didn’t say anything because I thought maybe you were built different than us normal humans.

Rib fractures, bruising are tough injuries that require a weeks rest at a minimum in my experience

Rib fractures, bruising are tough injuries that require a weeks rest at a minimum in my experience
Yeah, last time I messed up my ribs on a motorcycle it took right around a week before I could breathe (and sleep) normally.

I could've completed an easy workout last night but the main goal right now is to recover for the race on July 8.

Common

Do you have a smart watch to call the ambulance in case you fall and are unconscious?

Do you have a smart watch to call the ambulance in case you fall and are unconscious?
Sort of. Both my Garmin watch and bike computer trigger a text to my emergency contact when an incident is detected. They have contacted wifey a couple times in the past when I came to an abrupt stop on a mountain bike, lol.

For some reason Tuesday's spill didn't trigger the incident detection feature. Possibly because I didn't come to an abrupt stop (I kinda flew through the air and then slid across the pavement.)

One rib is bothering me after I spent half the night in my regular bed. Sitting up is fine. Back to the couch I go.

Doesn't Canada have fabulous free health care? Why not go get some free oxy?

Starting to keep track of daily movement. No brisk walking involved but at least not laying on the coach.
IMG_3520.png

Talk about a town asleep. Early Friday night doggie and I appear to be the only ones up.

Doesn't Canada have fabulous free health care? Why not go get some free oxy?
Drugs aren't "free" although they would be covered by my private insurance.

I would most likely have to spend half a day, first at a generalist clinic that would then refer me to an imaging centre, only to get told to rest and take prescription strength Aleve. I can just take two regular Aleve and not do anything stupid. :handshake:

Lucky you didn’t snap your clavicle, Matty. The rib fractures are super annoying but they’ll heal in time. You could try eating anti-inflammatory foods as well.

Yes, my first thought was that my clavicle was fucked.

I think I reawakened my frozen shoulder from a couple years ago. I'll probably have to start doing the same physio exercises I did back then.

Here's the speed/power graph from the incident, courtesy of my bike computer:

received_1510127383131836.jpg

There's this road that extends through a waterfront park across the street from the condo. I like to go all the way to the end, circle the "roundabout" at the end then reaccelerate out of it to practice my sprint. This is where we got fucked, bruhs.

Screenshot_20230620_205256_Strava.jpg