Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,826 Comments
  • Views 95,006 Views
Lmao

Did you like and add as friend then get blocked ?

I started commuting on my bike since the weather turned nice up here. Last night on the way home, I was following this kid wearing a full spandex kit on the bike trail. I was wearing Converse, jeans and a backpack. He seemed to tire out after a while so I pulled ahead and he drafted behind me. We never exchanged a word. I looked for his ride on Strava when I came home and found this, which made my day (the caption under Evening Ride):

View attachment 8591

💪😁
Respect.

🫡

I started commuting on my bike since the weather turned nice up here. Last night on the way home, I was following this kid wearing a full spandex kit on the bike trail. I was wearing Converse, jeans and a backpack. He seemed to tire out after a while so I pulled ahead and he drafted behind me. We never exchanged a word. I looked for his ride on Strava when I came home and found this, which made my day (the caption under Evening Ride):

View attachment 8591

💪😁

wow that is ducking awesome!

Down to 198 boys. Ran almost 8 miles this morning and sweat my ass off. Off to vegas this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20230601_100839.jpg
    20230601_100839.jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 51
Chain snapped on me this AM, at the very end of my ride. I was out of the saddle and accelerating out of a corner. Snap. Bike instantly went sideways and I became a meat crayon.

Apparently you're supposed to change a chain after roughly 5k kms. This one had about 11 on it. It gave me warning signs too, I could feel a rumble from the worn-out rollers.

I'm a bit of an idiot. Ow.

Bike Chain Snapped Crash

Bike Chain Snapped Injury

Clean the ever loving shit out of those cuts, pal. Use that Hospital grade stuff

Yeah, I spent all morning cleaning the road rash, took forever.

ouch
love you brother, miss you

That looks awful! How long will that keep you from biking?

That looks awful! How long will that keep you from biking?
No clue. The road rash is not a big deal, but I can barely move my left arm right now. Lying down and getting up take several minutes each way.

I was planning to enter a race on July 8. 😬

Last time I fell like that was during the motorcycle course, I had trouble moving, coughing and sleeping for about a week. Similar deal here.

Should be ok for the race? 🤷

Ow.