Attn: Bread (re: dating sites)

• Start date
  • Replies 425 Comments
  • Views 32,643 Views
Tell her you want to wrap her up in newspaper and throw dead fish at her.

There's my boy.

reno - I do. But none of them are anything to get serious about. I can hardly even stand to talk to most of them.

Here is an easy piece of advice. According to psychological studies done on dating websites (not making it up...if you want me to I can dig out the survey for you), it attracts women the most if the man is seen in the profile picture with a pet, preferably a dog. This must trigger a woman's need to be taken care of or the man appears loving, sensitive (a baby would have the same effect but this might be a turn-off for many women as well since a baby signifies a past).
Interestingly, men seem to be most attracted to pictures of women that they obviously took themselves (signaling that they are alone indeed) and that show cleavage (so sad but true).
In another study about speed dating, an immensely high percentage of men said they would be willing to have sex with over 90% of the women they had just talked to for a few minutes. For women, the percentage was way lower, I think less than 10% even. Good luck! Several friends of mine found what they were looking for in this parallel universe.

Emmi:

I. That dog pic idea is very useful advice. Thank you.

II. I also enjoy the alone pics involving cleavage.

III. What about the statistic that women know whether or not they will sleep with a guy within the first 30 seconds or so?...Or is that just a saying?

Thanks Emmi! Good stuff.

See Blitty. I don't even know this chick and she's not too stuck up to drop some knowledge in my thread.

Thanks Emmi! Good stuff.

See Blitty. I don't even know this chick and she's not too stuck up to drop some knowledge in my thread.

Jello, are you calling me stuck up? I don't need this shit.

Emmi:

I. That dog pic idea is very useful information. Thank you.

II. I also enjoy the alone pics involving cleavage.

III. What about the statistic that women know whether or not they will sleep with a guy within the first 30 seconds or so?...Or is that just a saying?
Blitty...snag a dog from the street (but no ferocious-looking one, one that symbolizes family...a retriever of a lab so ask one of the many dog walkers in NYC if you could borrow one for a pic...nice starting line now that I think of it...you might get a dog walker's attention as well this way so ask a hot and female one) and take a pic with Fluffy! My friend met a lawyer who raises his kid alone on a playground and melted away. Men like this evoke this yummy feeling in a woman that warms her heart. I think it is true, women might make up their minds very quickly when it comes to having sex with a man or not. I guess during that speed-dating-night-survey, none of the guys made a big impression on the women...

I'm sure as Grand Wizard you have much better ways to spend your time.

6a00e554e81be38834011570525e55970b-800wi

:lmao: Grand Wizard

Emmi, what if you don't like pets?

Is the girl gonna expect to see dog at some point?

I am SO tempted to say something I should not say, Reno!

LOL. Start with missionary Reno.

I have actually met 2 different girls lately that said they neither preferred dogs or cats, and didn't really care for animals at all. I've never heard anything like that before.

Barely made it out alive Reno. What a mess. O wow.

This is my Blitty174 profile. Not my primary one.

My Self-Summary
I love all things artistic, am difficult to offend (huge points if you manage,) and have a fondness for dark comedy. As much as I love NYC, I'm just as inspired by nature-

I like to go with the flow in life. I'm generally clear about what I want, but am open to different ways of it happening. I prefer to let relationships (of all sort) develop naturally, without an agenda.

Extremely grateful to do what I do- I'm very driven to do it well, but I still like to stop and check out the scenery.

Live music, merging with nature, new-ethnic-food-place-hunting, premium television, adventurel, meaningful conversation, meditation, meaningless (but fun) conversation.

To sum it all up, your mother would love me, but probably should warn you about me too.

What I’m doing with my life
It's technical. In short, I am working on finishing my PhD and fantasizing about a life of adventure afterwards.

I’m really good at
Not dying.

The first things people usually notice about me

My swagger.

My favorite books, movies, music, and food
Music: Metalskapunkrastafunk

Books: Hunter S. Thompson

Total foodie: GreekSushiIndianDumplingsPizza...Open to anything.

The six things I could never do without
(*) Extreme sports

(*) Adventure

(*) Exploration

(*) Hole in the walls

(*) Beach walks.

(*) I actually also really like surfing in far away places (like Costa Rica) every so often. I love big waves, although I don't consider myself a member of the surfing community.

I spend a lot of time thinking about
"You have but two emotions: love and fear. One you made and one was given you. Each is a way of seeing, and different worlds arise from their different sights."

On a typical Friday night I am
Playing music, which will take me to some interesting part of the city/state/country/world.

It's not a club, or any place insanely loud, unless I'm playing- and it's probably never going to be.

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I used to be on a TV show.

I’m looking for
Girls who like guys
Ages 19-32
Near me
For new friends

You should message me if
You're comfortable with who you are- or at least, always discovering more about yourself.

You're cool with the fact that we're not going to go on a 'date' until we've met face to face. Even then, it's not going to be an awkward dinner (not to say that food won't be involved.)

You're not overly negative or judgmental, but when you are, you can be damn funny about it.

You have passions, and you have things to do- you're looking to enjoy yourself and the city when there's time, and the last thing you want is drama. We're both busy- we're both following our dreams, or at least, figuring them out.

You will write more than "hi" (you'd be surprised)- unless now you're doing it ironically (I'll probably be able to tell.)

and

your fuckin hot-

Last edited:
Speaking off dogs, dog parks are a great place to meet chicks.

Also, Jello, I understand what you are saying about restaurants. Anyone can get laid if they work in a restaurant. I have worked in 20+ restaurants, these places are a gold mind for easy pussy.

If one is struggle to get laid, you really need to work at a restaurant for a week.

Blitty, I am totally wet right now.

No seriously, that's good shit.

rofl awesome. just awesome. copy and paste.