Ask Mudcat A Question

• Start date
  • Replies 364 Comments
  • Views 37,528 Views
Plommer how much time passed between me posting that video and you making that avatar?

14 seconds? Maybe?

Muddy is this the type of stuff you were talking about when you made a post several months ago urging the women of the Middle East to speak up?

No wait you just meant to speak louder.

Probably a good call.

SAUDI ARABIA

Woman sentenced to lashing for driving

A Saudi woman was sentenced Tuesday to be lashed 10 times with a whip for defying the kingdom's prohibition on female drivers. Normally, police stop female drivers, question them and let them go after they sign a pledge not to drive again. But dozens of women have continued to take to the roads since June in a campaign to break the taboo. Shaima Jastaina, in her 30s, was found guilty of driving without permission, activist Samar Badawi said.

Muddy, who is your ALL-TIME favorite Florida Marlin?

Muddy, did you have a commodore 64 computer?

Muddy, whats the most amazing athletic or physical feat you ever did?

Muddy, whats the most amazing or scary drug use feat you ever did?

Muddy, do you wear long underwear? do you have flannel sheets?

are you a soap on body, soap on wash towel, or soap on spongy thing, or body wash shower kinda guy?

Muddy, what was the most trouble you ever got into during grade school?

Muddy, where are we on cheese eating at this point in your life? are you still into hunks of chedder?

Muddy, who is your ALL-TIME favorite Florida Marlin?

Howzabout Jeff Conine?

I don't remember if he was a nice guy but he was definitely a Marlin through and through.

Muddy, did you have a commodore 64 computer?

Muddy, whats the most amazing athletic or physical feat you ever did?

I did not have a Commodore 64.

I'm trying to remember my most amazing athletic feat. I almost ran 2 straight racks of 8-ball once. I got to the 8 ball on the second rack but just missed it.

Actually a different time, I ran a rack and then sank the 8 ball on the following break so that is actually running 2 straight racks (although I think of sinking the 8 ball on the break as more of a flukey occurence).

Maybe that isn't considered athletics.

One thing I remember was catching a game-winning touchdown pass on the last day I was in treatment the first time. Talking 25+ years ago. It was a long bomb and the ball was tipped but I made an amazing adjustment and snagged it. It was not exactly the Super Bowl but it seemed like quite the heroic moment at the time.

I count that billiards feat, that is awesome...

you need to make a video, I bet you are still pretty good even if you are rusty...

Muddy, whats the most amazing or scary drug use feat you ever did?

There are so many directions I could go with that but I'm going to take the easy route and copy a story I have told before. It is my heroin story.

Like most things involving heroin use, there is no action. No car chases or explosions. It is just something a bit interesting. Maybe it qualifies as amazing.

Once upon a time I was smoking heroin and drinking beer. I don't know how much people know about heroin but it is a very lazy drug. It completely relaxes the body and drains all ambition. Basically, you veg.

After some hours and many beers, it occurred to me I hadn't peed. I'm not saying I felt a need to pee; I'm saying it occurred to me intellectually that I had drank an amount of beer that would normally have led to some peeing.

I knew exactly how much beer I had when I started so I was able to determine that I had drank 12 beers without peeing.

Even in my compromised state, I was sure this wasn't proper. So I went to the bathroom. I still didn't feel the need to pee. But I forced myself to. 12 beers? Better pee.

I guess it was the next day when I was sitting around feeling the remorse that addicts live with so much, that I thought back on that little episode. 12 beers without peeing. It seemed like a lot. I took an empty beer bottle and filled it with water and dumped it in a bucket. I did it 12 times. I just wanted to see what it looked it. It was a lot.

And looking at it, though I was alone, I said something out loud. I said, "I turned my body into a toilet."

So true. I reflected on how, if I had died (perhaps in a spectacular pee explosion that would make this story so much more electrifying) it would have been a completely appropriate thing to put on my tombstone:

HERE LIES MUDCAT.
HE TURNED HIS BODY INTO A TOILET.

And, well, that's it. There are scarier and grosser stories I could tell. The whole series of incidents surrounding my OD's/ambulance-rides-to-emergency/stays-in-the-psych-ward, I could write a book about.

But anyway that's my little heroin story.

Muddy, do you wear long underwear? do you have flannel sheets?

I do not wear long underwear.

I have a rotation of 3 sets of sheets and I gotta be honest, I don't know what they are made of. One of them is definitely not flannel. It is some kind of slippery substance.

The other two are not slippery like that but at the same time, they feel a bit different from each other.

I figure one of them must be flannel and the answer to the question is yes. :greencheck:

So you never ended up peeing a large amount or anything? How did you manage the withdrawal symptoms when you quit?

I ended up peeing out the better part of the 12 beers I guess. My muscles weren't working right but I just forced it out. As I recall I sat in the bathroom for like half an hour peeing one squirt at a time.

Withdrawal is a large topic. I have gone through withdrawal from several substances at different times - although never heroin. I only ever used heroin recreationally and never got addicted. There was never a lot of it around my crowd.

are you a soap on body, soap on wash towel, or soap on spongy thing, or body wash shower kinda guy?

Muddy, what was the most trouble you ever got into during grade school?

Muddy, where are we on cheese eating at this point in your life? are you still into hunks of chedder?

I use soap on body.

I'll come back to the trouble-in-grade-school question. Gotta ponder that one.

I am still into the hunks of cheddar. Just had some melted on some sausages for dinner tonight.

yummmm chedder and sausage....

yeah that Pee story is amazing..... I often time my long pisses by counting when I've had a lot to drink and tried to hold off on breaking the seal, I can't imagine 12...

LOOK AT THE BLADDER ON YOU SIR.......LOOK AT THE BLADDER ON YOU!

188726_10150101626150814_755660813_6363843_391120_n.jpg

The whole series of incidents surrounding my OD's/ambulance-rides-to-emergency/stays-in-the-psych-ward, I could write a book about.

If you ever do that, it would be the first publication by the GameLive media offshoot. Considering the distinct lack of former heroin addicts making it to middle age and managing to live a comfortable life and having an uncanny knack of telling a story you'd have little market competition.

If you ever do that, it would be the first publication by the GameLive media offshoot. Considering the distinct lack of former heroin addicts making it to middle age and managing to live a comfortable life and having an uncanny knack of telling a story you'd have little market competition.

Well again, I was never addicted to heroin (although my chances of living to middle age were not much less iffy). My OD's were something else. Something strange. Something crazy.

I was doing some writing about it at the time. I should see if I can find my notes. Might be interesting.