Ask Mudcat A Question

• Start date
  • Replies 364 Comments
  • Views 37,627 Views
so there are people that can just use heroin and not get addicted?

I always figured that it was no way near as addicting as media and entertainment suggests.... they make it seem like one time and you are hooked for life...

Muddy, if you had to estimate from your teen years to when you got completely clean, how much would you say you spent on drugs/booze?

Muddy, I've been riding my bike alot. and I ride on the dangerous main streets in the ghetto.... I don't wear a bike helmet, I grew up not wearing one. I was riding the other day over these treacherous railroad tracks on Kedzie and thought of you, and then I thought about bike helmets..... ok i'm getting to the question..

Muddy, what is your favorite part of your brain? are you a cerebral cortex kinda kinda guy? cerebellum? sensory cortex? medulla? frontal lobe... I mean there are lots of ways to break it down "scientifically"

but I'd also like an answer that is "non-scientific" like for example. my favorite non-scientific part of my brain, is that if you name a baseball player from the 80's.... there is a good chance that a specific batting average, HR total, RBI total or other major state will pop into my brain. I was HUGH on back of baseball card reading as a kid...

Muddy, what do you like in/on your nachos?
Muddy,

If you ever do that, it would be the first publication by the GameLive media offshoot. Considering the distinct lack of former heroin addicts making it to middle age and managing to live a comfortable life and having an uncanny knack of telling a story you'd have little market competition.

I disagree that there is a lack of heroin survivors.

heroin ADDICTS

read slowly

Mudcat...

Would you ever get a handjob from a chick that is HIV positive if she has no visible scabs on her hands?

been almost a solid year since we heard from him...... Xstud come back, we got medical people here now that can help you

I have no children and I don't want any. I had two different women "offer" to have children with me and I was never close to accepting.

You turned down pussy?

:grabsome:

Oh, I see a bunch of unanswered questions there. Don't know how that happened. Must have temporarily drifted away for some reason.

so there are people that can just use heroin and not get addicted?

I always figured that it was no way near as addicting as media and entertainment suggests.... they make it seem like one time and you are hooked for life...

Sure, there is no reason you have to get addicted to heroin just because you try it. It can be used recreationally like anything. Just weekends or whatever. I know what you mean about some media making it seem like you use it once and you are addicted but no, that's ridiculous.

I'm not sure if I mentioned or not but I did become dependent on another opiate to the point where I suffered withdrawal getting off. That was plain over-the-counter codeine. I had trouble with that a number of times in my life. Sometimes I got where I was taking like 100 pills a day. The withdrawal, while unpleasant, was probably not as devastating as hardcore heroin addiction though.

Muddy, if you had to estimate from your teen years to when you got completely clean, how much would you say you spent on drugs/booze?

Reminds me of a story. At one point in my early twenties I decided to do a budget. I don't know why. Anyway, I noted all my expenses as honestly and rigorously as I could - including booze and lots of smoke.

The result . . . it was impossible. The amount I was spending on everything was much more than my income. One detail I remember: I was spending more on booze/drugs than rent.

But it made no sense. I had to be sinking in debt. Yet I knew I wasn't. My financial situation was not great but it was nothing like the hard numbers on paper said it should be. I studied it for awhile and couldn't solve the conundrum. To this day I can't explain my situation back then.

But I learned an important lesson: DON'T DO BUDGETS!!!

Serious answer to the question: I have no idea. It could have been a lot worse. I was predominately an at-home drinker so I didn't spend near as much as a barfly. I don't know how people who drink like I did manage that. I never went wild on the cocaine which can drive up the dollar figures.

I remember towards the end of my drinking I was spending about $1000/month on booze. That worked out to ~$33 a day which was like a 26er and a six pack of tall cans. Drugs were on top of that.

Earlier in my drinking - like teen years, I absolutely couldn't afford that if I wanted to.

Given all the factors, a quick guesstimate of lifetime spending . . .

$250,000

How much did you spend on hangover munchies Mudcat in your drinking career?

I tend to spend more on food, whilst buying beer and also when I get a drunk i'm for sure gonna order alot of food.

I don't eat much when hungover

do you eat alot when hungover from booze pavy? or is that just when pavy smokes weed?

Reminds me of a story. At one point in my early twenties I decided to do a budget. I don't know why. Anyway, I noted all my expenses as honestly and rigorously as I could - including booze and lots of smoke.

The result . . . it was impossible. The amount I was spending on everything was much more than my income. One detail I remember: I was spending more on booze/drugs than rent.

But it made no sense. I had to be sinking in debt. Yet I knew I wasn't. My financial situation was not great but it was nothing like the hard numbers on paper said it should be. I studied it for awhile and couldn't solve the conundrum. To this day I can't explain my situation back then.

But I learned an important lesson: DON'T DO BUDGETS!!!

Serious answer to the question: I have no idea. It could have been a lot worse. I was predominately an at-home drinker so I didn't spend near as much as a barfly. I don't know how people who drink like I did manage that. I never went wild on the cocaine which can drive up the dollar figures.

I remember towards the end of my drinking I was spending about $1000/month on booze. That worked out to ~$33 a day which was like a 26er and a six pack of tall cans. Drugs were on top of that.

Earlier in my drinking - like teen years, I absolutely couldn't afford that if I wanted to.

Given all the factors, a quick guesstimate of lifetime spending . . .

$250,000

Maybe you would black out and turned tricks for a fix. Remember MudMan, GameLive doesn't judge especially if you can chalk it up to being unconscious.

Yeah I guess a lot of people would die if they took 100 of those - just from the acetaminophen, never mind the codeine. But apparently if you build up to it, you don't die.

How much did you spend on hangover munchies Mudcat in your drinking career?

Hangover munchies??? Hmm. A hangover was not a big time for munchies for me. I don't really have an answer for that. I was never a big morning eater under any circumstances and that remains true to this day.

have you had recent physicals that take an indepth look into liver and kidney functioning?

I know Acetaminophen is supposed to be pretty horrid in combinations with alcohol

They check all that stuff whenever I renew my cholesterol prescription. The cholesterol medication itself is somewhat hard on the liver too but no one cares because I am always healthy as a horse.

It is unfair how few health problems I have had compared to many clean-livin' folk but there is nothing I can do. Apparently I am indestructible.