Ask Mudcat A Question

• Start date
  • Replies 364 Comments
  • Views 37,644 Views
You've never made cheese toast in the broiler?
I prefer Kraft singles just because it kind of splits and you get cheesey cheese next to the toast and a raised thin sometimes slightly blackened crust layer on the surface.

I'm familiar with making grilled cheese sandwiches on the stovetop or toaster oven. This whole idea of broiling an open-faced cheese toast sandwich is blowing my mind.

I think I might be the only person who hasn't had an "Ask" thread that went beyond two posts. Plommer is terrible at starting "Ask" threads.

http://gamelive.com/forum/showthread.php/7821-Ask-Rubyn-a-question!

Successful Ask threads:
Daft
Amby
Pally
Bread
Juror
Tacomax
King Revolver
Mrs X
Hawk
Blitty
Mudcat
20four7/Acid Joe
rjt721
Polaroid
BGS
Pico
Stevie
Brock Landers
Pavy
Herman
ARchie
Angry Sharp
Vegas Dave
MrD
Enigma
MonkeyF0cker
Wal66
Kato
FairWarning
Tomato
Boner_18
Nickynookie
Patrick Bateman
Dimebag

I'm familiar with making grilled cheese sandwiches on the stovetop or toaster oven. This whole idea of broiling an open-faced cheese toast sandwich is blowing my mind.

Really should not be attempted without a supervising adult.

What are you, 5 years old? That's not cheese you maroon.

If I were seeking your approval this would offend me. Fortunately I'm not and I like what I like regardless of what others think. I also don't like cheddar in my omelet, there again I want Kraft singles.

As a young black Canadian lad Muddy, did you ever dream of being the first of your color winning a Stanley Cup? :popcorn:

Mudcat what kinds of condimenty type things do you have in your fridge?

do you own a spice rack? what is your "go to" spice?

how old is your oldest pair of underpants?

do you have any scented candles?

what was your all-time most heart breaking bad beat gambling loss?

do you remember going to see the orgininal star wars in the theatre?

Who me?

As far as condiments, I use a lot of Franks Redhot Sauce. I don't, as the commercials say, put that shit on everything, but I put it on most kinds of meat in most kinds of meat eating situations. I'd guess I have it with dinner an average of 5.8 days a week. I have some mustard (plain old French's yellow) for various sandwiches/burgers/sausages. I usually put Miracle Whip on homemade subs which I have about once a week. And I have some ketchup in there. My ketchup use is sporadic. A bottle of ketchup can last me a long time.

Lemme look . . . I have some plum sauce. I went through a serious chicken balls eating phase not long ago so there's gotta be plum sauce. I don't know if vinegar counts but I have that. I love vinegar on french fries which I cook up once in awhile.

I do not own a spice rack, no. My "go to" spice would have to be garlic. Much like the Franks sauce, I put it on meat - and I eat meat every day. Well actually pepper even more than that. Is pepper considered a spice? I have pepper on everything I have garlic on - and much more. Tomatoes, potatoes, salad, soup, any kind of sandwich. Pepper is such a routine thing I hardly think of it as a spice but I guess it is so it would be #1.

I don't know how old my oldest underpants are. Not old. As soon as they get ratty, I just toss them. I really don't even have a guess how long that takes but I cycle the underpants pretty effectively.

I find it weird that underpants is plural. Why is underpants a pair? There is just one thing there. Why is it they?

Anyhoo . . .

I do have a few scented candles around here. One is vanilla and was given to me at a wedding. I have 2 or 3 cinnamon candles and I can't rightly recall their origin. They have just been sitting in a cupboard for probably over 10 years. Seems that I never burn candles.

Couple more questions there. I will get back to them.

pants are plural. yeah it makes no sense

i've never had plum sauce

I love vinegar, garlic, mustard as well. not a big fan of hot sauce.

they said "shit" in a commercial for that hot sauce?

here in my neighborhood

you call pants---- pantses

even if you are talking about one singular jean

they double pluralize it!!!!!!! I love it