Ask Mudcat A Question

• Start date
  • Replies 364 Comments
  • Views 37,792 Views
Muddy have you ever been stuck in a lift?

No.

(Standard disclaimer: I spent a lot of my life as a blackout drinker so it's possible it happened and I don't remember)

Thanks Muddy. Always interested to see what others from the same age group are listening to. I'll probably buy the new Neil Young next.

My buddy has burned that one for me but we haven't made the handoff yet.

Refresh my memory....why did this happen?

mudcatmoney.jpg

What did/do you think of the Tom Tom Club?

xijZv1w.jpg

This pic still cracks me up.

IAG
What did/do you think of the Tom Tom Club?

I had to google it to remind myself who they are. Obviously they are not foremost in my consciousness.

So okay you got the song Genius of Love and the song Pleasure of Love. I remember those. Not horrible but not interesting to me. I checked a couple other songs on YouTube. The Talking Heads influence pops up from time to time and I really like The Talking Heads but I dunno.

I feel no desire to obtain a Tom Tom Club CD for my car.

5 out of 10.

What do you think of the Tom Tom Club?

jesus. whats that from plom?

I had to google it to remind myself who they are. Obviously they are not foremost in my consciousness.

So okay you got the song Genius of Love and the song Pleasure of Love. I remember those. Not horrible but not interesting to me. I checked a couple other songs on YouTube. The Talking Heads influence pops up from time to time and I really like The Talking Heads but I dunno.

I feel no desire to obtain a Tom Tom Club CD for my car.

5 out of 10.

What do you think of the Tom Tom Club?

I was a giant D. Byrne/ Talking Heads fan back in the day. My favorite band. I remember picking up a cassette tap of TT club at the same time up as a Todd Rundgren or Utopia cassette...weird that I remember that Anyway, I can't remember if I knew who they were when I bought it, or if it was in a $1 bin or something and I just picked it up with my fingers crossed. In any case, I didn't initially care for it when I first heard it, but they did later grown on me some. I don't know if they even did a follow up but if so I didn't purchase it.. . I would agree with you on the TH influence showing up occasionally. I did like their appearance in Stop Making Sense (The film) Thought that was fun.

I did not like Little Creatures (or anything after) for that matter.

It is some joyous stuff right there.

Do you think that I should have bumped this thread? I was looking for What Was your last Google Search? and found this thread first.

I skimmed through the thread and got a few smiles so yes.

Do you like things and stuff?

Do you like things and stuff?

I know he likes things.

Stuff, not so much.

I know he keeps things and throws stuff away.

I've been paying attencion.