Anything that you eat today....journal it here!

• Start date
  • Replies 3,615 Comments
  • Views 140,351 Views
Yah mang, straight water

1hr to go, I'm going to make it

214.4lbs, 28.8% body fat as we near the end of our first 24-hr fast.

Goal is to do "OMAD" going forward (One Meal A Day). Same caloric intake as before (1400-1500 a day), just compressed into one big meal.

214.4lbs, 28.8% body fat as we near the end of our first 24-hr fast.

Goal is to do "OMAD" going forward (One Meal A Day). Same caloric intake as before (1400-1500 a day), just compressed into one big meal
What are you using to calculate your body fat?

The one HUGH meal a day is a paleo thing I used to do. It’s great.

What are you using to calculate your body fat?
One of them body composition scales. It's probably not very accurate, although it has been consistent - I mostly use it to track the downtrend (highlighted column below) (and yes, I am a crazy person)

1619029107178.png

IMG_20210421_141922.jpg

I’ve used skin fold calipers about 5 times in my life (at whatever gym I had a membership at). Trainers say those are very accurate.

My lowest confirmed % was 10. I was in my late 20’s. I was very lean. I would never want to be any lower than 9. Below that looks unhealthy.

I would guess I’m between 17 and 20 right now.

2AD1E5E4-BFD4-4510-98F1-414B2886BC32.jpeg

We did it boys :dance:

If y'all try to do it, I say just slowly work up to it, and give up if/when you feel shitty. I went from 18 to 20 to 24hrs.

I’ve used skin fold calipers about 5 times in my life (at whatever gym I had a membership at). Trainers say those are very accurate.

My lowest confirmed % was 10. I was in my late 20’s. I was very lean. I would never want to be any lower than 9. Below that looks unhealthy.

I would guess I’m between 17 and 20 right now.

View attachment 4787

Cool. The lowest I've been is around 13% @ 178lbs, but that was using another unreliable gizmo. I should try them calipers - I feel like I'm probably a bit lower than what the scale shows.

I am guessing the calipers are a lot more reliable than a scale that you stand on

We did it boys :dance:

If y'all try to do it, I say just slowly work up to it, and give up if/when you feel shitty. I went from 18 to 20 to 24hrs.

what's the point of a 24 hours fast though? It seems like a 18-20 would be better while training your stomach for digestion on a schedule

Science and shit. Something called autophagy which I do not fully understand, but also no insulin spike for like 23 hours which means longer fasted state which leads to more fat burning.

I just ingested my entire ~1450 calories in about an hour:

Screenshot_20210421_153641_com.wombatapps.carbmanager.jpg

what's the point of a 24 hours fast though? It seems like a 18-20 would be better while training your stomach for digestion on a schedule
Think it has to do with paleo, which is eating like a caveman, they would eat like 1 brontosaurus per day

Think it has to do with paleo, which is eating like a caveman, they would eat like 1 brontosaurus per day
Let me refer you to my cult leader: