Workout Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 255 Comments
  • Views 20,832 Views
Bone-Bone is built like a MotoGP racer.

Below average height, slim build

You can't really weigh more than 150lbs to make it pro. This is the GOAT Valentino Rossi, he's unusually tall at 6' so he needs to starve himself:
images (7).jpeg

Tron you would probably enjoy MotoGP. Quick races and usually non-stop action. Been hooked since 2013.

5'7" or 8". Before I did fitness I was pudgy at 165, scrawny at 145. Now I guess I'm a little more toned at both ends, but not much.

If I’m reading this chart right, if you’re 6’-0” (me for example) and you are 140 pounds, you are OPTIMAL weight. If I weighed 140 pounds I would look like a prisoner of war who was doing the worst amongst the other prisoners of war in my hut in Cambodia.

I weigh 188 pounds right now and my friends and family tell me I’m thin. I know that I need to be 182 to look optimal IMO Wally but 140 pounds?

it also says 180 is optimal for 6’-0” and I totally agree with that

Couldn't get to 145, mental block or something, 3 lbs shortand was not lifting (just cardio) which doesn't bode well for muscle/strength retention. So I stopped. Back on the way up. Lifting heavy 5x a week and in calloric surplus. Trying to go up to 165.

I’d love to see a sample day pal

Push:
Screenshot_20200712-064943_JEFIT.jpg
Screenshot_20200712-065135_JEFIT.jpg

The reps are just place holder's. When I'm trying to lose weight I tend to gravitate towards like 10-15 reps to failure. Gaining weight itd be anywhere from 4-6 on the big compounds to failure.

Used to do four sets of things with a big pyramid weight/rep change (lower 15/add weight 10/add weight 6/add weight 2-4). Changed to three for the time save when my daughter was born but ive added some exercises so maybe ill cut one or two and go back to 4. Other thing is I'm now solo in a home gym (all dumbells). Used to be with a buddy in an in building gym with full rack. Changing weights a ton is a bummer/time suck.

I also used to do chest+tri/shoulders/legs/back+bii. Now I'm doing push/legs+abs/pull. Essentially shoulders got cut and distributed to push and pull.

The Push/Pull regimen is great. Was doing that religiously before my bike crash. I’ve had to really scale back my workouts since.

Yah.

I find that with life/kid/household shit a simple routine that on its face has a goal of 30-45mins 3x a week is much more achievable. I often exceed these goals and do 5x a week but when I set myself up to do 5 and don't achieve it the whole program goes off rails.

Been back into my P90X since June 19th (juneteenth celebration for me), haven't missed a day so I guess that's 3 weeks straight. It's a really good workout and I feel myself basically dying towards the end every day. Already seen pretty good results. I've also scaled way back on bread/grains. Not going vegan or anything but eating way more fruits/veg as well. I have to workout in the morning otherwise it doesn't get done. So I wake up at 4am now instead of 5.

When resting between sets; do you work out other muscles or sit there and stare at phone for 2-3 min?

90 second between set rest. Might look at phone but stay loyal to 90 seconds only.

Gotcha. This insta-dude says 3 min. He seems legit, but tough to stay loyal to.

Today was my second month progress report with my Evolt scan. Down 2.5% in body fat. 17 pounds lost. Subcutaneous Fat Mass down 7%.

Abs on track for June 2021.