What are your spoken/written pet peeves?

• Start date
  • Replies 117 Comments
  • Views 7,356 Views
what yall think of the word "yall"? its my favorite american word.

I appreciate some jive talk. It reminds me of blues guys and some chill motherfuckers.

It's all about context. You guys sound like a bunch of stuffed shirts.

But don't say: "I know, right?". That used to make me nauseous. Now, me and Mr.X giggle whenever we hear it.

what yall think of the word "yall"? its my favorite american word.

I love it. It makes me feel like a Southern belle when I type it out. I never say it in real life though.

My pet peeve is when people say "come with". As in: "We're going out to dinner tonight. Do you want to come with?"

At first I thought it was only an Orlando thing but I've started to hear/see it more and more. Does my head in every time.

I hate it when people on a gambling forum berate me or get annoyed because i don't have a+ grammar. How robotic and boring.

Polaroid give us a real funky euro saying. thx pal.

Improper use of to, too, and two. One other major peeve is the improper use of the phrase "I could case less". It should be "couldn't".

Well, youknowwhatimsayin....my pet peeve is knowwhatI'msayin....when people say "youknowwhatimsayin?" 15 times in one sentence.

KnowwhatI'msayin?

I appreciate some jive talk. It reminds me of blues guys and some chill motherfuckers.

It's all about context. You guys sound like a bunch of stuffed shirts.

But don't say: "I know, right?". That used to make me nauseous. Now, me and Mr.X giggle whenever we hear it.

LOL...Swarmy loves this phrase.

My pet peeve is when people say "come with". As in: "We're going out to dinner tonight. Do you want to come with?"

I hate, hate HATE that.

My pet peeve is the overused phrase "Having said that" which is typically used to wrap-up a long winded story that usually just keeps going on and on and on.

everybody in this thread

calm down

Well, youknowwhatimsayin....my pet peeve is knowwhatI'msayin....when people say "youknowwhatimsayin?" 15 times in one sentence.

KnowwhatI'msayin?

Yes this makes me want to go on a killing spree

Improper use of your/you're.

I was thinking about my pet peeves more, and it's not just the phrase, but the the person and inflection. If you're listening to what I'm saying, pause the appropriate amount of time and reply "exactly" to what I've said and then maybe add some other stuff and we have a normal conversation. No problem. The "is, is" can be forgivable, but I find mostly the people who do it are just talking to talk and aren't really invested in what they're saying.

So, really it comes down to the fact that I don't like schtick. It's not exactly schtick, but it's in the realm. I like people who think about what they're saying. If it doesn't come out perfectly, but there's sincerity behind it, it's not irritating at all.

"Words mean things" is really one of my basic mantras of life. If everyone just took a little time to think about what they were saying and try to understand what other people were saying things would be a hell of alot better.

Kum-by-ya....the end.

I don't really have any written pet peeves.

Spoken, I can't stand cursing. There is a guy at work who drops an f-bomb every other sentence and it's just immature and annoying. Also when someone says "I could care less" instead of "couldn't care less". There are probably others, but those two jumped out when I saw this topic.

Spoken, I can't stand cursing. There is a guy at work who drops an f-bomb every other sentence and it's just immature and annoying. Also when someone says "I could care less" instead of "couldn't care less". There are probably others, but those two jumped out when I saw this topic.

:wha: Herman did you get a job? :wha:

I went to Disney last year and realized I use the F-bomb alot more than I think I do.