WAWA

• Start date
  • Replies 81 Comments
  • Views 2,371 Views
MrX
But, as I've said before, I wouldn't be here bothering at all if I didn't actually like you guys.
but you love me a little bit more than the rest, right, MrX?

sharing a wheat beer,
Can we pick something else? kato-san doesn't drink wheat beer :dontthinkso:

Crime or no crime NYC has held the title of best city on Earth probably going on 100+ years with no sign of stopping. So if it's too scary/changed/dangerous/expensive/diverse/[insert adjective here] for anyone, that's cool we don't need you.

This isn't to say that your corner of the world isn't better for you (or just flat out better) in many facets - I'm sure it is. New York is full of problems and I left in 2017 to escape to the burbs so who am I to talk. I'm sure my life will take me far away from the Big Apple at times, who knows.

All i know is that tomorrow when i get off my train and above ground in NYC I will stop and take a deep breath like I do every time. I wont clutch my wallet or worry about getting pushed in front of a subway train. I'll look at the throngs of people, the skyscrapers of midtown, the tourists with jaws agape, and the constant change shaping this fine lady and ill thank God that I'm fortunate enough to just be in her orbit.
Bone, my words aren‘t anti NYC as a whole.

Far from it.

NYC in its amazing history is the best city in the USA.

That‘s why how it is now makes it even more frustrating. You know why I don’t post shit about New Orleans or Chicago or any other crime ridden city?

Because those cities aren’t shit compared to NYC.

Think about it from a sports perspective. Yes, the Red Sox are the best baseball team this century. They still have some really bad years. Can I ignore them and continue to say it’s all a bed of roses? I could, but I’d be ignoring their problems. When I bring up their shortcomings, does it mean I don’t love them? No it does not.

While I totally agree with Mr.X…

What’s wild is……

If we were all in the same room (bar or whatever) sharing a wheat beer, we’d all (every single one of us) talk “nicer” or more diplomatically to each other.

All these outside forces (the internet yada) make us all a bit more aggressive when addressing each other. Kinda makes me want to unplug from it all. I probably won’t but I kinda want to.
Tron, I think these convos are pretty tame. I don’t think any name calling has happened. I’ll need to “circle back” to make sure.
Hell, if we all agreed all of the time, this place would be lamer than a Pokémon chat room.

You‘re right that if we were all having a beer, maybe the words we would use would be different, but part of reading conversations in type is that our mannerisms and facial expressions don’t show.

Perosnally, when I post here, I don’t do it with any animosity at all. Do I agree with everything said? Of course not. Doesn’t mean that if we got into an Anchorman style fight with another website, I wouldn’t have all your backs.

BTW, you can have all the wheat beers. I’ll drink a Guinness lol.

Totally fair Casper and when I was writing that post I actually first looked for a NYC specific thread where it would better fit.

I suspect that you're right that crime is up year over year but I think the anecdotes get sensationalized by media that needs to run 24hr headlines.

I’m back in the jungle.

Will report back if I die or not.

Attachments

• 3BCE5AD9-3CF8-48AD-A2D0-E795494E2E57.jpeg
    3BCE5AD9-3CF8-48AD-A2D0-E795494E2E57.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
Disgusting, Disgraceful and that piece of shit should have a bullet in his head. DIE !!!

Between my car being stolen and Julie’s car being broken into last night and robbed, don’t anybody EVER tell me crime hasn’t gotten worse in NY.

It is the worse it has EVER been.

Fuck the Liberals for ruining this state

Manhattan is thriving! I’m genuinely sorry your car got stolen.

The State of Florida has THOUSANDS of vehicle burglaries a week and 100’s of auto thefts every day, bud.

Between my car being stolen and Julie’s car being broken into last night and robbed, don’t anybody EVER tell me crime hasn’t gotten worse in NY.

It is the worse it has EVER been.

Fuck the Liberals for ruining this state
Legitimately sorry you've had such terrible luck man. Really sucks about your car and sorry to hear about Julie's, too.

But I hope you can appreciate how deeply flawed it is to use your own experience in a vacuum as "proof" of something as a whole.

I mean hell, even using your personal experiences, what about all the hundreds (or thousands?) of days you and Julie parked your car without incident? Those don't count as proof of a safe NY?

Go ahead and hate Liberals all you want, but blaming them for all the bad luck in your life is a slippery slope.

Legitimately sorry you've had such terrible luck man. Really sucks about your car and sorry to hear about Julie's, too.

But I hope you can appreciate how deeply flawed it is to use your own experience in a vacuum as "proof" of something as a whole.

I mean hell, even using your personal experiences, what about all the hundreds (or thousands?) of days you and Julie parked your car without incident? Those don't count as proof of a safe NY?

Go ahead and hate Liberals all you want, but blaming them for all the bad luck in your life is a slippery slope.
Bad luck is one thing. To have not one but two cars broken into or stolen in such a short amount of time is an indicator that crime is on the rise.

If we are to say that I had thousands of safe days in New York, but now I’m not, makes my point for me.

VD, add my experiences and others in NY as of late, and it’s impossible not to see that crime has gotten infinitely worse.

Me blaming Liberals is justified in NY. For NYC Liberals to elect Holcum told me exactly where their priorities lie.

If only crime data was tracked and compiled so we could could get to the bottom of this without relying on anecdotes.

Also, NYC crime is getting worse at an alarmingly fast rate. That is clear.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that.

MrX
If only crime data was tracked and compiled so we could could get to the bottom of this without relying on anecdotes.
You’re saying what my household has gone through is anecdotal?

I’ll keep that in mind.

Very poor choice of words X