WAWA

• Start date
  • Replies 81 Comments
  • Views 2,358 Views
Every person in real life that tells me NYC has gone to shit and is very dangerous HASN’T ACTUALLY BEEN TO NYC WITHIN THE LAST 5 YEARS and they all watch a lot of Fox News and spend a LOT of time on the internet watching scary YouTube videos.
The people I speak live there now. That includes family members.

Shaggy is now black too

FeaMur8WAAEukj8.jpg

I feel for you Casp! Hopefully no homeless people out front of yours. Saw in LA where homeless man was literally throwing his shit at the restaurant owner. I mean that could be my go to restaurant on a weekly basis but if homeless people were hanging out front no way I'm ever go there again until issue is resolved.

Manhattan: cleanest I’ve seen it in the last 30 years (with my own eyes).

Great experience with my 2 teenage sons. Rode the trains all over the place. Spent about $85 on MetroCard between the 3 of us. Took it to Citi Field and Yankee Stadium (from lower Manhattan).

Absolutely no justification for the youtube video save huge increase in crime since Biden took office.

if homeless people were hanging out front no way I'm ever go there again until issue is resolved.
If flys are at the beach are you going to avoid that too?

You just avoid and pretend their not there

It should be they're there, not their

-Stevek, Grammar Police

Manhattan: cleanest I’ve seen it in the last 30 years (with my own eyes).

Great experience with my 2 teenage sons. Rode the trains all over the place. Spent about $85 on MetroCard between the 3 of us. Took it to Citi Field and Yankee Stadium (from lower Manhattan).
30 years ago, it may have been dirtier, but I am more concerned with the crime.

Its a lot worse crime wise than it was 30 years ago.

Like Blitty said, you can ignore flys.

Tough to ignore rampant crime.

Look at the stats for 2022

Last year was still a COVID year

They're up 20/30% from 2021 depending how you look at it. Still nowhere near early 90s levels.

MrX
They're up 20/30% from 2021 depending how you look at it. Still nowhere near early 90s levels.
Yes they are.

You also aren’t taking into account what the NYPD are considering robberies And felonies.

2022 laws in NY have made what once a robbery or felony a misdemeanor.

Lest not forget, your numbers in 1993 were when the cops were arresting people.

Today, the NYPD is overwhelmed and undermanned.

All these social media videos of looting probably make us think the problem is worse than reality

Multiple ones. Here is just one.

Tron, I’m happy you had a great NYC city experience, but I lived there for decades.

I know how it was and how it is.

NYC is just not the same in regards to safety anymore.

All these social media videos of looting probably make us think the problem is worse than reality
My friends and family who live there now tell me regularly that it’s a lot worse now than before

Yes they are.

You also aren’t taking into account what the NYPD are considering robberies And felonies.

2022 laws in NY have made what once a robbery or felony a misdemeanor.

Lest not forget, your numbers in 1993 were when the cops were arresting people.

Today, the NYPD is overwhelmed and undermanned.

You're really reaching. The data is on reports, not arrests.

Murders down 4-fold (have they changed the definition of murder) . Robbery and burglary down almost 7-fold. You're going to try to pin this on changes in the law?

You know what people love more than anything? Talking about how much better things used to be in the old days.