WAWA

• Start date
  • Replies 81 Comments
  • Views 2,378 Views

Multiple ones. Here is just one.

Tron, I’m happy you had a great NYC city experience, but I lived there for decades.

I know how it was and how it is.

NYC is just not the same in regards to safety anymore.
I appreciate that my friend but you gave me an example of the State Attorneys Office declining prosecution. That happens ALL OVER THE U.S. for a myriad of reasons.

I asked you for a source for where it says that the State of New York has changed the classification of a Robbery from a felony to a misdemeanor.

That’s quite the allegation you’re making, Casper.

the psychology of declinism

if we go back each generation successively we can go back about 1000 years in the current streak where each generation perceived things used to be better

Strange to see Fox News saying bad things about NYC. Weird!

Don't you know Casp you can't win arguing with a life long Republican like Tron. :greencheck:
I’m here to remind people that what the liberal media touts and what’s the truth are two very different things.

I’m here to remind people that what the liberal media touts and what’s the truth are two very different things.

Says the guy who was presented with data and responded with media anecdotes.

Regardless of the state of crime in NYC, I do want to know why that 66 year old dude was walking around with $17,000 cash and why those robbers knew about it.

MrX
Says the guy who was presented with data and responded with media anecdotes.
You presented me with COVID year data. You didn’t present me with data post COVID.

You presented me with COVID year data. You didn’t present me with data post COVID.

I literally gave you data up to the current week you knucklehead. I guess you're complaining that I used the last complete calendar year to do a year-to-year comparison and then acknowledged the 30% year-to-date increase for 2022 that still puts it nowhere remotely near 1993 levels.

While I totally agree with Mr.X…

What’s wild is……

If we were all in the same room (bar or whatever) sharing a wheat beer, we’d all (every single one of us) talk “nicer” or more diplomatically to each other.

All these outside forces (the internet yada) make us all a bit more aggressive when addressing each other. Kinda makes me want to unplug from it all. I probably won’t but I kinda want to.

I get frustrated trying to get a point across and probably come across mean or condescending. But, as I've said before, I wouldn't be here bothering at all if I didn't actually like you guys.

Crime or no crime NYC has held the title of best city on Earth probably going on 100+ years with no sign of stopping. So if it's too scary/changed/dangerous/expensive/diverse/[insert adjective here] for anyone, that's cool we don't need you.

This isn't to say that your corner of the world isn't better for you (or just flat out better) in many facets - I'm sure it is. New York is full of problems and I left in 2017 to escape to the burbs so who am I to talk. I'm sure my life will take me far away from the Big Apple at times, who knows.

All i know is that tomorrow when i get off my train and above ground in NYC I will stop and take a deep breath like I do every time. I wont clutch my wallet or worry about getting pushed in front of a subway train. I'll look at the throngs of people, the skyscrapers of midtown, the tourists with jaws agape, and the constant change shaping this fine lady and ill thank God that I'm fortunate enough to just be in her orbit.

MrX
I get frustrated trying to get a point across and probably come across mean or condescending. But, as I've said before, I wouldn't be here bothering at all if I didn't actually like you guys.
And I really wasn’t singling you out at all. My timing sucked. I’m one of the worst offenders.

I didn't feel singled out, just owning up to my end of things.

Well said bonebone.