WAWA

• Start date
  • Replies 81 Comments
  • Views 2,342 Views
MrX
Also, NYC crime is getting worse at an alarmingly fast rate. That is clear.

I don't think anyone is arguing against that.
Reread this thread.

It has been argued on here.

And if you listen to the Liberal politicians in NYC, they literally say that crime isn’t of utmost importance.

You’re saying what my household has gone through is anecdotal?

I’ll keep that in mind.

Very poor choice of words X

anecdotal evidence
noun
: evidence in the form of stories that people tell about what has happened to them
His conclusions are not supported by data; they are based only on anecdotal evidence.

Reread this thread.

It has been argued on here.

Sorry if I missed someone saying that. I, however, did acknowledge that crime is on a serious upswing.

My only argument was that it's nowhere near the crazy crime levels of the early 80s.

F113CC44-36EA-4F6A-85A3-6DC94B237607.jpeg

Caspy I don't think MrX was implying what happened to yall was amusing.
Definitely not.

I made a case that Manhattan is not the shit show that it is being portrayed as by radical right media.

It’s entirely possible that Queens, Staten Island and definitely the Bronx are having major increases in violent crime.

:handshake:

Casper, when talking about data, anecdotal has a very specific and well-known meaning.

It doesn't mean that what happened to you is amusing, untrue, or unimportant. It simply means that small numbers of personal experiences are not very useful tools for determining large overall trends.

Just put my old man on a train to Philadelphia. No way he survives. Apparently Philadelphia is ground zero for brown browns looking to rape old 75 year old white dudes.

:amazing: