The Blue Jays tho

• Start date
  • Replies 207 Comments
  • Views 15,464 Views
Blue Jays will be hosting an all-or-nothing wildcard game on Tuesday.

Damn. That's a thing.

Well 8 o'clock start time tomorrow. Can't complain about that anyway. Can watch it after work. Might have the first inning on the radio driving home but can watch most of it.

I guess if the Jays win and go on to play the Rangers, that's when we will start to get all the stupid start times like last year, and I will have to figure out if I can tape the games and avoid hearing the scores and go home and watch them after the fact.

Marcus Stroman pitching for the Jays tomorrow. I think I would have preferred the lefty Liriano - just based on the Orioles results righties-versus-lefties - i.e. much worse against lefties - and Liriano has actually been pretty good since coming over from Pitt - and Stroman has had a mediocre season overall - although better lately.

But yeah, I would have gone with Liriano. Short leash on Stroman I assume.

But damn, one game wildcard playoff. What a thing.

Damn.

1 of us will be happy in a week please dont throw beers at the Rangers thanks in advance

Yeah the Toronto police are saying they have video of the beer thrower and are asking him to turn himself in.

Could be true. I don't know. I wouldn't mind someone bouncing some hard objects off the idiot's head a few times.

Meanwhile we gotta start dealing with the stupid start times now. 4:30 game tomorrow but I'll be working till 7:30 or 8.

So tomorrow is going to be a day of setting my programming device and hoping to avoid the score all day. Not sure how that will go. There is a lot of excitement and people will wanna gab. It would be easy to overhear something.

Oh well, gonna give it a shot.

That would grind my gears too. Almost as bad as when someone answers another persons phone.

So tomorrow is going to be a day of setting my programming device and hoping to avoid the score all day. Not sure how that will go.

Back when we were kids I give it 90% chance of happening, sorry my friend but I would say 1% probability! I surmise your thinking the same but hoping for the best! If it's win then enjoyable watching, if not press erase!

Yeah, no, not a chance.

On the bright side, kinda frees up my evening. I'll check out a highlite package - including the Bautista HR which I'm sure the Rangers fans really enjoyed - and leave it at that.

The Sunday - Thursday shift is working for me for tomorrow's 1 o'clock start anyway.

uZfX9LX.gif

Is that a ghey subtle black lives matter thing he's doing or no?

It's a wing. It's an Edwing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-edwing-home-run-celebration/article26473100/

Encarnacion has been doing the so-called Edwing since April 28, 2012, when he hit a grand slam against Seattles Hisashi Iwakuma in Torontos 7-0 rout of the Mariners. He drove in Kelly Johnson, Jose Bautista and Adam Lind with the blast but all his Blue Jays teammates loved how he celebrated the home run.

When I hit the grand slam I got excited and rounded the bases from the side, turning like an airplane, said Encarnacion, who has helped the Jays to the top of the American League East this season. My teammates liked it and said I should keep doing it so Ive kept doing it.

:dunno:

Ah ok. I like that a lot better than what I thought it was. ::pikachu:

He probably still hates cops with a passion. :mrquincy:

It's a wing. It's an Edwing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-edwing-home-run-celebration/article26473100/

Encarnacion has been doing the so-called Edwing since April 28, 2012, when he hit a grand slam against Seattles Hisashi Iwakuma in Torontos 7-0 rout of the Mariners. He drove in Kelly Johnson, Jose Bautista and Adam Lind with the blast but all his Blue Jays teammates loved how he celebrated the home run.

When I hit the grand slam I got excited and rounded the bases from the side, turning like an airplane, said Encarnacion, who has helped the Jays to the top of the American League East this season. My teammates liked it and said I should keep doing it so Ive kept doing it.

:dunno:

That is leaving out a key detail. Rounding first base after that tater, he went to high-5 the coach and for some reason, he wasn't ready - so Edwin was left hanging with his arm kind of up. So he carried on his trot in that posture.

And it felt like an airplane and the teammates liked it yada yada.

Just sittin' here watching the game and not being at work.

:shades: