The Blue Jays tho

• Start date
  • Replies 207 Comments
  • Views 15,609 Views
Oh yeah

He's been a blue jay before

Shit this guy has played everywhere

Seems like you are saying the Jays got him back - that is good news. I would say excellent news except that R.A. Dickey comes with his own personal catcher, the .148 (or whatever) hitting Josh Thole - who is also slow and not particularly good defensively - but he is part of the delightful Dickey package - along with a 4.80 ERA - so that would mean three catchers - which would be weird - and is not exactly ideal - but whatever, Navarro would be good to have.

We have been fretting all year about the serious trouble we would be in if Russ Martin gets hurt. We know and like Navarro around here. Glad to have him.

I wonder if it is too late in the year to start working on catching the knuckleball. That would be a helluvan idea.

It's only a week until rosters expand to 40 man roster so 3 catchers won't be an issue come sept 1

Is Dickey gonna pitch in playoffs?

I'd think both Dickey and Thole get left off playoff rosters

It has been interesting see the jays us a six man rotation

Will b fun to see how that Develops

There are a few NL pitchers that slug better than that Thole though

I don't know about Dickey on the playoff roster - if the Jays make it. I would hope not, but he was on it last year.

In fact I believe he was pitching that game that the Jays were leading 7-2 when John Gibbons decided to bring David Price in out of the bullpen and completely screw up the normal routines of his entire career.

But hey, it was 7-2 - time to panic.

But I'm not bitter.

The six man rotation was of course a source of hysteria with the masses. If any starter has a bad game, it is no longer because he just happened to have a bad game - now it's because he had too much rest.

:endoftheworld:

Naw, I'm exaggerating. There are a few idiots who are always striving for "hot takes" in every situation but for the most part, it is a pretty sane fanbase. As far as the rotation, Aaron Sanchez has now been sent to Single-A Dunedin with the plan of him takin' 'er easy for awhile - and being a starter in the post-season.

If there is a post-season.

I think I read Sanchez is coming back to start in a few days.

Wednesday in Baltimore is the plan, last I heard.

First place Jays take game 1 in BALT and looked good doing it. Marco Estrada in excellent form after a few shaky starts. MVP Donaldson homered again and now has 6 in the last 5 games.

A lot of games against the AL East upcoming. Time to show what we're made of.

Hopefully goodness.

My feeling is if the Blue Jays want to be in the post-season there is something they need to do: stop losing.

:handshake:

I recently rewatched the movie Inception and something in it relates to the Blue Jays month of September for me.

Inception had the whole thing with different levels of dreams - dreams within dreams and whatnot - and time passes at different rates at the different levels. So in the time it takes a van to plummet off a bridge and hit the water, years have actually passed from another perspective.

That's what the Blue Jays September feels like to me. I am at some deep dream level where time seems to be passing normally - meanwhile the Blue Jays are apparently doing a bellyflop which lasts the whole month.

Blue Jays playing in Seattle right now. Based on crowd noise, you'd swear it was the Jays' home game.

Could be 30 Jays fans. I went to a game in Seattle two years ago when they were in the hunt, like right in the thick of it. Mighta been 5,000 people there. Seattle aint no baseball town.

10 frikkin' games left. That's it.

Winning the division is looking extremely unlikely at this point - so there's the 2 wildcard spots. Jays lead that but have a pretty damn tough schedule compared to the other teams in the chase. Yankees-Orioles-@Red Sox.

Time to start playing some consistently solid ball for a change.

Red Sox are playing like the Jays a year ago. They have forgotten how to lose.

10 frikkin' games left. That's it.

Time to start playing some consistently solid ball for a change.

Well, winning the first 3 of them was a good idea. Jose Bautista showing signs of clutchness which is excellent to see.

I just looked. YEAH baby. I hope you guys make it too. Papi's last year. Epstein vs the Sox.

Would be epic.

Pretty sure that the Blue Jays have not had a pitcher throw a complete game this year.

I can confirm: the Blue Jays starters led the league in innings pitched this year - while not having a complete game. It's the first time in the history of the world that has ever happened. Our uber-annoying talking heads, Buck Martinez and Past Tabler, got gabbing about that at one point.

Adding: records were set this year for all of major league baseball for total strikeouts and home runs.