The Blue Jays tho

• Start date
  • Replies 207 Comments
  • Views 15,430 Views
Bautista goes on the 15 day DL - but the team continues to steamroll - in Baltimore - Michael Saunders with 3 HR's, 8 RBI.

Piece of trivia: those 8 RBI in a game ties a record for RBI in a game by a Canadian. He ties about 8 guise including Larry Walker and Jason Bay (twice) and Joey Votto. A few others.

1 game out of the division lead now.

:fearpanic:

Bob McCown tweeted that Jose Bautista has cancelled his annual charity golf tournament and expects to be traded by the deadline.

Not sure what to make of that. McCown is not a rumor-monger so I don't doubt the substance of it at this point.

But how much should I care what Jose Bautista thinks is going to happen? He's a dopey ballplayer. How do I know what level of irrational hysteria is going on in that brain of his?

i.e. - it would be a lot more meaningful if the GM was expecting that trade.

If it's true, I hope they get something good for him is all I can say.

Jays gave up 7 home runs in their game today.

And won.

Blue Jays had Ryan Goins warming up in the bullpen in the 17th inning of their game today.

I guess there is a reason we are considering a second baseman rather than say, you know, R.A. Dickey (a pitcher). I'm all for bringing in a 2nd basemen when it's 17-2, but this is a tie game.

Hopefully we can walk this thing off in the bottom of the 17th because I don't know what the fuck.

He's coming in. John Gibbons is bringing in a second baseman to pitch in a tie game in extra innings.

:facepalm:

I'll say this: it will be interesting to watch. I ain't thinking about walking away and doing something else.

But jesus fuck.

:laugh:

Fokker got out of it too. Double play grounder to get out of some trouble.

Dude hit 90 on the radar gun. Throws harder than Estrada. Mixed in a few changeups and a curveball. Got unlucky and gave up a single on a beautiful curveball.

Anyway, these Blue Jay bats need to stop sucking. 1 run in 18 innings? Not getting it done you buncha stiffs !!

:mudcat:

For some reason, the Jays switch infielders to do the pitching, and Darwin Barney gives up a tater. Actually picks up a strikeout to end the half inning.

Injuns going for a 14 game win streak.

Jays still got the bottom of the 19th, down by 1.

For some reason, the Jays switch infielders to do the pitching, and Darwin Barney gives up a tater. Actually picks up a strikeout to end the half inning.

Injuns going for a 14 game win streak.

Jays still got the bottom of the 19th, down by 1.

happy birthday dude

Jays are on fire tho.

Even with Bautista and Estrada on the DL ---> en fuego.

Good luck with Francisco Liriano

We're hoping Drew Hutchison is not the next Noah Syndegaard (sp ?)

We're hoping Drew Hutchison is not the next Noah Syndegaard (sp ?)

I will root for uncle Frank to reclaim his control of tha slider and be the low 3 ERA Liriano and not the 5+ version

Jays also got two decent prospects to entice them to take all of lirianos $17 million owed

One AA catcher former first rounder super defense weak stick

One AA center fielder with interesting speed and good hitting for average and a physique that suggests he might grow into some power

I've said it before and I'll say probably say it again: R.A. Dickey: if you don't count when he sucks, he's really good.

First in the majors to 100 RBI and much beloved in these parts

edwin_1980x1100_um9hh3jk_qgbs7be5.jpg

Good luck with Dionar Navarro