The Apple Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 528 Comments
  • Views 43,618 Views
I really hate using an Android phone. The OS is awkward as fuck.

Only thing that kills me about Apple is the lack of a micro SD slot.

How is the Android awkward, Matty? You push a button and an app opens. Seems pretty similar to me.

As a geek, I can't support closed architecture. Hate Apple products with a passion. Some things simple on Android, Linux, or Windows are a nightmare on a Mac or IOS.

I think any criticism about an OS are usually allayed after 72 hours of use. They're all pretty good, and they're all pretty much the same. Sure some functionality is lost at the margins of each as MF points out. But anyone who's ever successfully used windows 3.0+ should be 90% proficient using any modern OS w/in 72 hours.

How is the Android awkward, Matty? You push a button and an app opens. Seems pretty similar to me.

Let me backpedal a bit - it's not the OS that I find awkward, it's the touchscreen on most Android phones. iPhones seem much better at dealing with clumsy handling, i.e. accidental swipes/taps and the like. But Boner is prolly right, I would just get used to it if I owned one.

I like my 6S just fine but I could see myself switching over to the LG G5 if my iPhone happened to asplode. Dual camera lenses are nice.

lol

Conan seems out of it lately. His show's mostly awful.

I'm a little mad at Apple for taking away my headphone jack. I'm going to miss untangling my headphone wires.
I got my new phone yesterday. 2 years with the 6plus and it was time. I got the 7. The best part of my new phone is it's a relief not having that giant 6plus in my pocket. I like the new speakers. A lot louder and more bass. I actually use the speakers sometimes. But, yeah, I mostly got the 7 because my old phone was tanking. Not much is remarkable about the 7.

I'm a little mad at Apple for taking away my headphone jack. I'm going to miss untangling my headphone wires.
I got my new phone yesterday. 2 years with the 6plus and it was time. I got the 7. The best part of my new phone is it's a relief not having that giant 6plus in my pocket. I like the new speakers. A lot louder and more bass. I actually use the speakers sometimes. But, yeah, I mostly got the 7 because my old phone was tanking. Not much is remarkable about the 7.

How much did it cost you?

You didn't mind downgrading? Doesn't the non-plus phone seem way small now?

Figured I would get another plus, like a PAWN.

You didn't mind downgrading? Doesn't the non-plus phone seem way small now?

Figured I would get another plus, like a PAWN.

The non plus phone does seem small and I LOVE IT. The thing feels like a baseball card in my front pocket. I feel like I've been SET FREE.

:alien:

You know what I would have liked? A dark (army) tank green iPhone7. I made a split second decision and ordered the matte black phone but what I really wanted was a different colored phone.

Speaking of PAWNS....... I was thinking today about my pawn trajectory if you will......Before the 7 I had a 6plus, before that I skipped the 5 entirely and had a 4S, before that I think I had a 3S.....? Was there a 3S? My first iPhone was in 2008 or 2009. I don't remember what iPhone they were on then but that was my first one. It's been quite a love affair.

I've had every single one except for the 3S.

Now that I'm used to the big screen, I think I would regret getting smaller one.

But I do like the idea of it being more comfortable in the pocket.

Let me backpedal a bit - it's not the OS that I find awkward, it's the touchscreen on most Android phones. iPhones seem much better at dealing with clumsy handling, i.e. accidental swipes/taps and the like. But Boner is prolly right, I would just get used to it if I owned one.

I like my 6S just fine but I could see myself switching over to the LG G5 if my iPhone happened to asplode. Dual camera lenses are nice.

Have you tried any of the Samsungs? I just bought a new S7 Edge. The screen resolution on it is incredible and the Edge makes it extremely easy to navigate to your favorites with one hand.

I've had every single one except for the 3S.

Now that I'm used to the big screen, I think I would regret getting smaller one.

But I do like the idea of it being more comfortable in the pocket.

I had the 1 and 2. When Apple lost its inability to innovate and fell behind the market, I started buying Samsung.