Stock Picking - Straight Gambling

• Start date
  • Replies 512 Comments
  • Views 32,049 Views
Nice. Not for me but nice.

Got out of HQU at break-even, ending the day all in cash. BLOZF never tanked.

Common.

Looks like it will be awhile before the e-series funds bear any fruit Matty... Down, down, down they go... So much for Nasdaq continuing to go up..

Yeah. Not worried about that.

I wish BLO would tank too.

I am starting to get used to larger fluctuations in the market... it is odd to see your funds go up and down in the $1000's though from day to day.. I still gasp, on occasion.

I actually like to see them go down just before payday, it means my dollorz will buy more shares.

Hard not to believe in the S&P and NASDAQ long-term.

Mind you I'm 29 years away from theoretical retirement, so YMMV.

I totally agree Matty, it's just that it sucks that it goes down for the 2 weeks following my purchase, is all. I guess I could have waited for it to come off of the high.
Once I get all my month end bills sorted out, I may have to buy some more I guess.

The Oil and Gas sector are no doubt, still fucking things up to a certain degree.

Snoop Dogg's on board with my company. :bowdown:

[TWEET]697898579348885504[/TWEET]

you saw LinkedIn went down 40% in a day last week, lots of these internet companies are bs

LinkedIn and Twitter in particular are total bullshit.

So is Facebook. If the masses weren't mindless zombies, it wouldn't be worth shit. I really don't understand how people can waste so much of their lives on FB.

How FB has a market cap greater than that of GE, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Johnson & Johnson, etc. is absurd.

Think we all made money on Tesla..

So what should we invest in now?

My buddy the trader is long PLX, is convinced itll make him rich.

If you bought tsla on 2/27/14 (when it was touted here) you're up about 26%. If you bought the broad market you're up 37%. For a 10k investment would you rather have $2600 profit or $3700?

I'd rather have bought amzn and have 21k on my 10k. Oy vey.

I'd rather have bought amzn and have 21k on my 10k. Oy vey.

I pawned out and bought amazon and iPhone a few weeks ago. looking good so far

What are you holding on to currently bone bone?

Nothing fun. Just the whole thing. spy, index funds, etc. Own a bit of MO, some RTN, AMZN, YUM, WMT, GE, SBUX. Big cap, buy a hold. Playing for retirement in 15yrs.

Im doing well with Aurora Cannabis... ACB on the TSE... woot... making legal money on the herb... who woulda thunk it?