Roll Call for Die Antwoord Detroit show 10/23 and/or Toronto 10/24

• Start date
  • Replies 187 Comments
  • Views 11,295 Views
lets all go live in durito's mudhut

maybe he could support us all :dunno:

i'm game if mister monkey is game

Gloria better be there.

na. Denver not bad for natural disasters. No earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes are small. Might get a big snow storm, but that's not deadly unless you're a bad driver.

I live here. I just can't see myself spending any money on this whack job that thinks this is music. Maybe drinks before.

If it happens I am in. I don't really want to do a sunday show with monday work. It seems like the kind of show you really need to be drinking.

Is Durito still alive!?!??!?! I'm imagining that he doesn't looks like he belongs wherever he was saying that they shoot people if you don't look like you belong wherever he was. OMG!

Awesome picture MrX!

Who is playing at a music festival in Kansas??

as much as I would love to attend, unfortunately I can't

new orleans is still a go

denver has a good chance

safe travels

upper peninsula

I love the reactions to Die Antwoord. You either love or actively despise these guys... when I was trying to convince people to go at the Montreal show in July I got reactions ranging from "Oh wow, they're so trashy man. I don't care if it's a joke, look at them, complete trash!" to "I don't care if it's $22 or $222, I'm not going even if it's free". :rofl:

Fokken larneys.

Durito lives

Who is playing at a music festival in Kansas??

It's a Bluegrass Music Festival. We're going to see Mr. X's sister, her husband and our niece. Gary, her husband, is a semi-pro musician. He took second in a national banjo competition a few years ago. This is our brother-in-law that recently cut off his thumb and part of his fingers in a saw while they were putting in wood flooring.

Actually, I don't think I've ever really seen him play, only screw around a little here and there. They're my favorite family members from both my and Mr. X's sides.

Cutting off fingers cant be good for banjo playing.

It worked for Django. Look Ma, two fingers!

Cutting off fingers cant be good for banjo playing.

It was a very sad thing for him. He was depressed for quite awhile. They looked hard at all kinds of prosthetics but nothing was really working well. After the thumb and finger healed enough, he changed his playing style and works with what he has left.

His worst fear/annoyance (behind not being able to play) is that he will still play (hopefully on the same level) but now, he's the guy without fingers that plays great.

I'm 90% in. Matty, let me know if you want to go to the Redwings game on 8/21.

Mr.X, are you in?

I can't go to Michigan on a Thursday Blittyboy, I got a fokken job. :sad: I could go to the Leafs game the next Tuesday obviously.

I can't go to Michigan on a Thursday Blittyboy, I got a fokken job. :sad: I could go to the Leafs game the next Tuesday obviously.

Sounds good! I'll look for Leafs/Panthers tickets.

I can fly to Toronto for $274, Detroit for $220, or Buffalo for $159. Decisions Decisions.

Are you people really debating on weather or not you should go to Detroit or Toronto?

Lookit, come here and you can get drunk on the cheap, and walk over.

pheo.png