Roll Call for Die Antwoord Detroit show 10/23 and/or Toronto 10/24

• Start date
  • Replies 187 Comments
  • Views 11,306 Views
Fiver I bet you stop by the Fudger House everytime :lmao:

Yeah I just walked by there with the dogs, actually.

It is a place where old people go to die I think. We always laugh. FUDGER HOUSE! LOL!

Old people smell.

I love the reactions to Die Antwoord. You either love or actively despise these guys... when I was trying to convince people to go at the Montreal show in July I got reactions ranging from "Oh wow, they're so trashy man. I don't care if it's a joke, look at them, complete trash!" to "I don't care if it's $22 or $222, I'm not going even if it's free". :rofl:

Fokken larneys.

I'm confused. Is that supposed to be a good thing?

I'm confused. Is that supposed to be a good thing?

The range wasn't from good to bad, but from bad to worse. Even the guy who ended up coming with me wasn't so sure after seeing Enter the Ninja. He loved the show - and it has nothing to do with the fact that he's queer as a Canadian dollar bill.

:wah::mattyrain:
guitar.gif
:guitar:

damn i wish i could go to this

I have to make some decisions soon here.

Pros

See Die Antwoord
See you guys
Cold weather

Cons

Probably drop $1K all in all for short weekend
Most of you going to see them in Toronto beforehand. That blows because we can't
Won't get there til late Friday, and have to leave on Sunday. Too quick
Will suffer at work on Monday. Ick.

I already had The Castle - Taboo Masquerade & Fetish Ball on my calendar circled for the 23rd before this came up, and that looks to be a blast, and the entire evening with hotel will probably cost $100.

http://www.castleybor.com/The_Castle/Special_Events_2.html

This sucks. Who is locked in? Matty, MrsX, Blitty, Acid Joe....?????
I dunno. This sucks.

Bread, the Toronto show is the next day, not before. Acid Joe and I will go to the Michigan show if you guys show up.

I am going to either or both shows, 100% certain. I'm moving to Trawno A-fokken-SAP now.

BTW I'm kidnapping Fiver and taking him to Detroit too. Fokken lazy fok will move his ass for once.

Sounds like fun.

This sucks. Who is locked in? Matty, MrsX, Blitty, Acid Joe....?????
I dunno. This sucks.

I'm on standby. Still waiting for matty to reply to me, before I book my tix.

wish i could make it to one of these

Sounds like fun.

I'm on standby. Still waiting for matty to reply to me, before I book my tix.

I just did!

I might go just to throw tomatoes on stage.

Kato,

All you do is work! RT is $280 from Salt Lake City to Detroit. We're probably staying with this guy through couchsurfing:

http://www.couchsurfing.org/mapsurf.html?SEARCH[skip]=0&view=detail&sid=7174ac598adc634a10fba0cee1bbb930

Although, I have not confirmed since I have gleaned from his profile he is a possible physics abuser. Mr. X gets easily irritated by the mangling of physics. I'm sure you'll be welcome to crash there with us or whatever friend/couchsurfer we stay with.

It's a weekend! What could you possibly be doing that's more important or fun?

well, ill have to see what im doing around then but 99% chance i wont be able to make it due to work

I have had long nights at work, still haven't had the right opportunity to talk to Bread about this. Will definitely do it tomorrow (if I don't get home too late) or Saturday for sure. The talk needs to happen during sober time, otherwise everything sounds like an amazing idea. Example, the last night in Orlando, Bread and I were 100% on board to stop doing crazy weekends out of town and start saving so that we could prepare for the downfall of the US when shit gets ugly by moving to a commune somewhere. Awesome idea brought on by shroomies and a fuckhead Haitian cab driver.