Random thoughts

Wife and I are soon going to own a brand new car. Neither of us has ever owned a car.

2020 Nissan Kicks S. Second cheapest car in the Nissan lineup. 👌 Joe Rain works for corporate and he got us a family discount.

:cripwalk:

Marty tell us how badly the insurance rate is for a new policy. I got quoted $3k - which would reduce greatly after the first 12 months.

The reason? Because the insurance company considers you a new driver if you haven't had coverage in the last so many years.

I prefer gov't run auto insurance like they have in Sask and Manitoba, my rate would be 1/3 of what they start me at in Ontario.

Marty tell us how badly the insurance rate is for a new policy. I got quoted $3k - which would reduce greatly after the first 12 months.

The reason? Because the insurance company considers you a new driver if you haven't had coverage in the last so many years.

I prefer gov't run auto insurance like they have in Sask and Manitoba, my rate would be 1/3 of what they start me at in Ontario.

The wife's been listed on her parents' insurance since her teens so she's getting a good rate ($1300). I'll be added as an occasional driver - it would be right around $2k for me as primary driver. Wifey is going to put most of the mileage on it anyway since she'll have to commute to her TO office a couple times a month.

Should've gotten a Nissan Versa, the cheapest car in America. :thinking: It might have the horsepower of a 1950 ferrari :dunno:

The Versa isn't available new in Canada for 2020. They're bringing the sedan back at the end of the year, as a 2021 model.

We like the Kicks' faux-SUV hatchback format.

My parents have been driving Nissans for the better part of 40 years. Obviously they like them.

In fact my first car of my very own - the Mudcar - given to me by my parents when I went to U of T - was a Datsun. At some point it became a Nissan. That was a helluva day.

My first hand-me-down car:

1988 Nissan Pathfinder. Manual transmission.

I was buzzed on somas and crashed into parked car. Totaled.

Muddy what did you call Casper that one time? I think it was something like "tampon" but I don't think it was that.

It's killing me.

My first hand-me-down car:

1988 Nissan Pathfinder. Manual transmission.

I was buzzed on somas and crashed into parked car. Totaled.

The wife's family has a nasty habit of totaling their cars on the regular. Better not get too attached to that specific Kicks.

I had an Altima that I lost to drinking and driving complications.

I loved that thing.

My parents drove Nissans forever.

Muddy what did you call Casper that one time? I think it was something like "tampon" but I don't think it was that.

It's killing me.

So many posters-from-the-past blend together. I spent a minute considering the question before I realized I was thinking of Fishhead.

Tampon, dildo, Timbit?

Naw, I dunno.