Random thoughts

Matty

Trinket Shipper
Wife and I are soon going to own a brand new car. Neither of us has ever owned a car.

2020 Nissan Kicks S. Second cheapest car in the Nissan lineup. 👌 Joe Rain works for corporate and he got us a family discount.

:cripwalk:

Marty tell us how badly the insurance rate is for a new policy. I got quoted $3k - which would reduce greatly after the first 12 months.

The reason? Because the insurance company considers you a new driver if you haven't had coverage in the last so many years.

I prefer gov't run auto insurance like they have in Sask and Manitoba, my rate would be 1/3 of what they start me at in Ontario.

Matty

Trinket Shipper
Marty tell us how badly the insurance rate is for a new policy. I got quoted $3k - which would reduce greatly after the first 12 months.

The reason? Because the insurance company considers you a new driver if you haven't had coverage in the last so many years.

I prefer gov't run auto insurance like they have in Sask and Manitoba, my rate would be 1/3 of what they start me at in Ontario.
The wife's been listed on her parents' insurance since her teens so she's getting a good rate ($1300). I'll be added as an occasional driver - it would be right around $2k for me as primary driver. Wifey is going to put most of the mileage on it anyway since she'll have to commute to her TO office a couple times a month.

reno cool

leave well enough alone
Should've gotten a Nissan Versa, the cheapest car in America. :thinking: It might have the horsepower of a 1950 ferrari :dunno:

Matty

Trinket Shipper
The Versa isn't available new in Canada for 2020. They're bringing the sedan back at the end of the year, as a 2021 model.

We like the Kicks' faux-SUV hatchback format.

Mudcat

Nevermore
My parents have been driving Nissans for the better part of 40 years. Obviously they like them.

In fact my first car of my very own - the Mudcar - given to me by my parents when I went to U of T - was a Datsun. At some point it became a Nissan. That was a helluva day.

Blitty

My first hand-me-down car:

1988 Nissan Pathfinder. Manual transmission.

I was buzzed on somas and crashed into parked car. Totaled.

Matty

Trinket Shipper
Muddy what did you call Casper that one time? I think it was something like "tampon" but I don't think it was that.

It's killing me.

Matty

Trinket Shipper
My first hand-me-down car:

1988 Nissan Pathfinder. Manual transmission.

I was buzzed on somas and crashed into parked car. Totaled.
The wife's family has a nasty habit of totaling their cars on the regular. Better not get too attached to that specific Kicks.

stevek

Life Sustaining
I had an Altima that I lost to drinking and driving complications.

I loved that thing.

My parents drove Nissans forever.

Mudcat

Nevermore
Muddy what did you call Casper that one time? I think it was something like "tampon" but I don't think it was that.

It's killing me.

So many posters-from-the-past blend together. I spent a minute considering the question before I realized I was thinking of Fishhead.

Tampon, dildo, Timbit?

Naw, I dunno.