Random thoughts

I had an ex ask me if I felt bad about jerking off for just that reason. I was kind of like fuck you for putting that in my head....pretty amusing actually.

It's like the songs says:

Let the heathens spill theirs on the dusty ground
God will make them pay for each sperm that can't be found

:handshake:

Some solid points here but also causation for deeper thought and discussion...

So should we declare life on a different planet to be defined as more than just a single cell? If so then what does a single cell constitute?

Thìs rabbit hole... Hhhmmm...

What rabbit hole? We can't survive without killing and eating all kinds of multi-cellular life.

It doesn't matter what you call it, you're playing a language game. Interestingly, I feel that's a similar problem you create for yourself when debating politics. :hey: this stuff has been nicely debunked by 20th century philosophers like James and Wittgenstein.

MrX
What rabbit hole? We can't survive without killing and eating all kinds of multi-cellular life.
One rabbit hole being late term abortion laws (by choice) for example. Law recognizes this as not a living organism. I don't want to get into the semantics of it because (as reno stated) it becomes a language game.

Seems like an increasing amount of rules for thee but not for me going on...

One rabbit hole being late term abortion laws (by choice) for example. Law recognizes this as not a living organism

The law has nothing to do with deeming anything a "living organism." As I said, it's perfectly legal and necessary to kill living organisms.

The law may not recognize the fetus as a human life, but what that would possibly have to do with life on mars, I have no idea.

two different communities, contexts, and constructs. on one hand the scientific community in the search for extraterrestrial life seeking the bare minimum to spur further investigation. on the other global human society seeking to define the term so that they may strike a balance between humanity and expediency with regard to reproduction. if you even think they should have the same definition of the WORD youre bat shit.

define "Agreement" or "adult" or "home" or "love" or "invention" oh and do it concisely where your definition will be unambiguous and easilly applied to all interceded uses of the word. good luck.

Sometimes I wonder what the moment of the invention of toast must have been like.

I imagine some dude taking a bite of some bread and saying, "Dammit, let's cook that again!"