Random thoughts

You’re from Cali. Who the fok drinks coors in SoCal? Particularly when you and I were growing up and in high school. It was all bud light, tecate, Sol, etc.

Boner is from NY.

Everyone I knew growing up in socal drank Coors light for the most part.

Thanks for the wavy URL. I didn't even realize how much I needed it until I had it.

This unlicensed weed dispensary in our neighborhood keeps getting raided, about once a month. They bring in a handful of cop cars and a locksmith every time.

While police are busy locking down the place, the dispensary people are calling VIP shuttles to bring customers to one of their other locations.

And then once the cops leave, the staff breaks into their own locked-down shop and they reopen within hours.

I'm not sure what the endgame is but this is all very entertaining.

And the employees are not getting arrested? Or are they unmanned kiosk type stuff?

No arrests. It's a series of fines now that weed is legal. The unlicensed peeps do not give a fok.

I'm into carrots these days. That's new. I bought a bag of baby carrots last week and I wasn't sure how interested I would be but now I'm having them all over the place. I'll be re-upping soon.

Seems that I'm dead into carrots.

Pretty big fan of baby carrots myself.

Grown up carrots can fuck the hell off, though.

They're the same carrots. Baby carrots are just shaved and cut that way. Probably with a lot more waste. In some jurisdictions they're labeled "baby cut carrots".

MrX
Pretty big fan of baby carrots myself.

Grown up carrots can fuck the hell off, though.

:laugh:

Yeah I dunno. I'm kinda new to the carrot game. So far I mainly just go around with a little bag of baby carrots on my picker and eat them with my filthy gloves.

I have a vague memory of childhood carrots and being forced to peel carrots. Is that possible? Peeling carrots?

My parents had very definite ideas about giving the kids chores - building character and whatnot I guess - but scraping carrots?

Seems very Dickensian.

:laugh:

Yeah I dunno. I'm kinda new to the carrot game. So far I mainly just go around with a little bag of baby carrots on my picker and eat them with my filthy gloves.

I have a vague memory of childhood carrots and being forced to peel carrots. Is that possible? Peeling carrots?

My parents had very definite ideas about giving the kids chores - building character and whatnot I guess - but scraping carrots?

Seems very Dickensian.
When was the last time you ate a plate of salad that had unpeeled carrot in it? The anesthetics alone gives way to (I'd have thought) mandatory scrapage. The scrape is part of the experience.

For me, only time you wouldn't peel is if you're feeding a rabbit or any other animal that likes carrots.

But hey, maybe I've been doing it wrong this whole time...

They're the same carrots. Baby carrots are just shaved and cut that way. Probably with a lot more waste. In some jurisdictions they're labeled "baby cut carrots".

Impossible.

That’s like saying baby echidnas are the same. Totally different. There are young echidnas and full grown mature echidnas.

Based on what I've read, if they're labeled "baby carrots," they generally are carrots that are specifically farmed to be harvested young, though there have been cases of baby cut carrots being sold as baby carrots.

I don't really care, though. Whatever they are is a superior eating experience.

Looks like the truth is somewhere in between. I trust the good folks at The Carrot Museum. I mean, they made a museum for carrots.

The True Story of Baby Carrots

TLDR: They are not baby carrots, but they are specifically bred and farmed to be narrow. One carrot root becomes four "baby carrots." Baby carrots make up 70% of all carrots sold, and baby carrots are actually more efficient (using more of the plant) than traditional carrots.

tenor.gif

i've been hardcore into bell peppers lately the red one

lettuce and bell pepper salad
bell pepper and rice
bell pepper and melted mozarella

Bell Pepper is a candidate for inclusion in Unicode 13.0 scheduled for release in 2020 and was added to draft Emoji 13.0 in 2019.

I feel that baby carrots, along most vegetables in the store have little taste. Maybe if you take a real carrot, peel it, and eat right away it would be good. I seem to remember from my childhood a good carrot had lots of flavor. Once they slice things into small bits and have em sit there, they lose all purpose. That's why those salad bars are pretty awful.

They're crunchy. I'm gonna go out on a limb and take the position that baby carrots are crunchy.

:handshake: